'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

I’m just hoping we can keep most of our staff continuity without them being poached to the NFL or somewhere else but I like the way Pruitt has operated thus far.

I still believe if Venables leaves Clemson, they’ll come back down to earth some. He’s arguably a top 2 or 3 defensive coordinator (I’m not including those that are head coaches now).

I don't know if Venerables is that high. CJP is top 3 including DC's as head coaches. The way UWV blew him up in the Orange bowl a few years ago says a lot to me. CJP has never been blew out like that.

Last edited:
I don't know ifbhes that high. CJP is top 3 including DC's as head coaches. The way UWV blew him up in the Orange bowl a few years ago says a lot to me. CJP has never been blew out like that.
The roster wasn’t quite up to snuff yet and JG played like a toddler. That explains why they blew us up.

I don't know ifbhes that high. CJP is top 3 including DC's as head coaches. The way UWV blew him up in the Orange bowl a few years ago says a lot to me. CJP has never been blew out like that.
Kevin Steele was Clemson’s DC at that time. Dabo hired Venables after that game. But I def think Pruitt is in the top 3 overall even if you include former DC’s that are HCs. Also, Saban has admitted that Pruitt has an extremely uncanny ability of evaluating talent and he among others have admitted to Pruitt’s extremely high football IQ.

Kevin Steele was Clemson’s DC at that time. Dabo hired Venables after that game. But I def think Pruitt is in the top 3 overall even if you include former DC’s that are HCs. Also, Saban has admitted that Pruitt has an extremely uncanny ability of evaluating talent and he among others have admitted to Pruitt’s extremely high football IQ.

My bad. Good catch.

I don't think Dabo will follow Saban. I think Dabo will replace the guy that followed Saban. I also think Venables was 3rd of the three that AD Fulmer interviewed.

I don't think Dabo will follow Saban. I think Dabo will replace the guy that followed Saban. I also think Venables was 3rd of the three that AD Fulmer interviewed.

Dabo said he was gonna go do something else if college players get paid so DEUCES DABO ✌️

“In 2014, answering a question about players forming a union to negotiate for themselves, he said, “As far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that’s where you lose me. I’ll go do something else, because there’s enough entitlement in this world as it is.”

Dabo said he was gonna go do something else if college players get paid so DEUCES DABO ✌️

“In 2014, answering a question about players forming a union to negotiate for themselves, he said, “As far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that’s where you lose me. I’ll go do something else, because there’s enough entitlement in this world as it is.”

I don't get that.

How does his players getting compensated effect the likelihood of his job?

Dabo would still be getting paid a $#it ton of money that he doesn't have to pay a dime to...

Reactions: MarcoVol
I don't get that.

How does his players getting compensated effect the likelihood of his job?

Dabo would still be getting paid a $#it ton of money that he doesn't have to pay a dime to...

It doesn’t - He’s just stuck in an old way of thinking back when players didn’t know they had all the power. That dynamic is changing.

Perhaps he’s changed his tune since then. He’ll have to or he’ll get left in the dust as things continue to evolve with paying players.

Good god. He calls someone earning their market value entitlement. I guess it is all Dabo producing that hundred million in annual revenues at Clemson. I get being against paying players for other reasons, but calling that entitlement says a lot about how Dabo views his players

Good god. He calls someone earning their market value entitlement. I guess it is all Dabo producing that hundred million in annual revenues at Clemson. I get being against paying players for other reasons, but calling that entitlement says a lot about how Dabo views his players

If there is an opportunity for Dabo to say some sh*t that shows just how out of touch he is when it comes to what young (predominantly) black athletes want and care about, you can bet your azz he’s gonna take it.

And he’s gonna say it with his chest and then blame everyone else when the reaction is negative.

Devo on Dabo crime.

Drag heem, Devo.

Last edited:

I don’t really care for Dabo, however he is spot on with the 2nd part of the last sentence. There’s WAY TOO MUCH entitlement in this world!

I don’t really care for Dabo, however he is spot on with the 2nd part of the last sentence. There’s WAY TOO MUCH entitlement in this world!

There is far too much entitlement in the world.

How he deems college football players as "entitled " for wanting to get paid when THEY generate the revenue is just silly though.

There is far too much entitlement in the world.

How he deems college football players as "entitled " for wanting to get paid when THEY generate the revenue is just silly though.
I know where you are coming from and agree to an extent. One argument is they get a free education and stipend money. The other which is what concerns me most is I don’t want the integrity of the game lost. We love college football because of the amateurism and passion that the kids play with. They don’t play it to get a check for millions. I hope the middle ground is what is happening...getting paid based on likeness and image. Hopefully they will get enough money that they are satisfied, but also I hope they continue to play the game the same way college football players have always played it. The biggest advantage that I like with how they have decided to do it is I think it will be a gigantic advantage for us, because of our huge and passionate fanbase.

VN Store

Back