'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

Last week he tripped to Florida State. The week before, Green visited Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennesse. "I am up to 46 offers and recruiting can get crazy, but I don't let it control my life," said Green. "I am still enjoying it all, taking the visits and just taking it day by day. If schools want to recruit me hard, and hit me up every day, that is fine, but I am just going to live my life as a kid.
"LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Florida State, Florida and some other schools are hitting me up almost every day. It doesn't bother me. It does make me feel important, but I do not let recruiting get in the way of my life. "I visited five schools recently and when we can get back out, I will take more. I am just exploring the options right now."
"I think I have visited Tennessee four or five times now and I really like how it feels like family. They are always checking on me, my sister, my dad and just trying to connect with me and my family. They make it more about family than football with me. Coach Ansley is my guy up there and we have a good relationship. I like how he coaches and he is a smart guy who has coached some good players"
"I will be cutting my list down sometime soon. I am not sure exactly with schools out now and visits not allowed, but I still think it will happen pretty soon. I really think I will have it down to somewhere around 10 schools pretty soon." "I am searching for the best fit for me. I am the most important person in this process. I want to find that staff that cares about me on the field, off the field and is ready me develop as a person and a player."
"I am thinking I will commit at some time during the season. I am hoping to take a few official visits in the summer, then finish them out early in the season." Green is not ready to drop any hints about the schools that will make his list, but it sounds like the five he just visited will be on it. He was planning to get to LSU and Oklahoma in the coming weeks, so we will see when he gets back to Baton Rouge and to Norman for the first time once prospects are allowed. Some feel the hometown school Georgia has an edge, but he did not show that in this interview. What he made clear is that he is nowhere near a decision, and that his recruitment will go into the fall.
-Simmons

Last edited:
Well we continue to Crystal ball 3 Stars .. while Ga and Fla getting 4 and 5 star CB .. if this pattern dint change we are battling SC and KY for 3rd in division for years to come

Reactions: Otis1105
Well we continue to Crystal ball 3 Stars .. while Ga and Fla getting 4 and 5 star CB .. if this pattern dint change we are battling SC and KY for 3rd in division for years to come
I wasn’t really concerned about this at first but Unfortunately as of late it seems to be the truth

Reactions: overseasorange2
Green, a junior at Newton High School in Covington, Ga., picked up his second SEC offer in May from Tennessee, and the Vols have hosted him on three visits since January 2019. He most recently traveled to Tennessee on Jan. 26 and has built a strong relationship with Vols defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley over the past year. Tennessee is believed to be among the top contenders for the 6-foot-2, 183-pound Green, along with Georgia and Clemson. Green, who now holds offers from more than 40 schools, is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 27 overall prospect and No. 3 cornerback in the 2021 class and the No. 3 junior from the state of Georgia. The lone prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to the home-state Bulldogs as the team to beat.

VolQuest
Tennessee would love to get back in with Nyland Green, but that one looks like the Vols are trailing to many quality programs. Georgia is sitting there just down the road, but it’s Clemson and Auburn that have all the momentum with Green due to former teammates of his at each school. That’s where a guy like Christian Charles proves to be very important. The Vols have been in on him for quite sometime and Jeremy Pruitt and Derrick Ansley have both developed solid relationships there.

Interesting that they put him in the WR this week IMO. Still think it’s somewhat of a long shot.

VN Store

Back