'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

the other 5% goes to pruitt himself for seemingly do a 180 on what he presented himself as being an aggressive, players first coach...where's the guy that faked punts, did on side kicks, goes for it on 4th down, or gets emotional after the UGA game in 2018? now we get the guy that doesn't know when to kick a FG down 2 scores in the 4th and says it was too far away to do it??? or keeps force feeding "best chance to win"?

Good point that I haven't seen discussed. You have to think that Pruitt's public comments praising JG after every disastrous performance is wearing thin on the team. The players aren't stupid--they know JG (or Maurer/Shrout) doesn't give them the best chance to win.

The coaching decisions this past Saturday make me wonder if this staff has given up too.

Reactions: cncchris33
Good point that I haven't seen discussed. You have to think that Pruitt's public comments praising JG after every disastrous performance is wearing thin on the team. The players aren't stupid--they know JG (or Maurer/Shrout) doesn't give them the best chance to win.

The coaching decisions this past Saturday make me wonder if this staff has given up too.
well, yeah. and keep in mind, i'm not necessarily sayhing he should do somehting different, at least not to the point where you run the kid down. the other side of that is he's a coach that's going to support his players, thru good and bad, which isn't a bad thing obviously.

but it's gotten to the point where he seems blind to reality.

Reactions: cncchris33
well, yeah. and keep in mind, i'm not necessarily sayhing he should do somehting different, at least not to the point where you run the kid down. the other side of that is he's a coach that's going to support his players, thru good and bad, which isn't a bad thing obviously.

but it's gotten to the point where he seems blind to reality.

I'm not for a coach publicly throwing a player under the bus either, but Pruitt's effusive praise for JG after each dumpster-fire performance is ringing hollow with both the fans, and I expect the team as well. It's a difficult situation, as you don't want to heap any more misery on the kid, but you don't want to lose the locker room, either.

I'm not for a coach publicly throwing a player under the bus either, but Pruitt's effusive praise for JG after each dumpster-fire performance is ringing hollow with both the fans, and I expect the team as well. It's a difficult situation, as you don't want to heap any more misery on the kid, but you don't want to lose the locker room, either.

JJ completely melted down the GA second half and KY. That’s six quarters. He was good vs MO and did nothing wrong in the other games including the last two. The OC and head coach have to call the game like they are trying to win. If JG fails, then it’s on him. But it wasn’t on him vs AL or AR.

JJ completely melted down the GA second half and KY. That’s six quarters. He was good vs MO and did nothing wrong in the other games including the last two. The OC and head coach have to call the game like they are trying to win. If JG fails, then it’s on him. But it wasn’t on him vs AL or AR.
it was on him in the framwork that htey aren't going to call the game aggresively like they want to because of what he did in the UK and 2nd half of the UGA game.

they don't trust him....and worse, none of hte guys behind him are viable options, except bailey and that's a play for the future. which i'm fine with because i don't expect harrison bailey to all the sudden be the reason we reel of 4 wins to close the season out.

the staff is shook by our QB mess.....if they had any confidence at that spot, things would "look" different on saturudays. not sure results would be different...but it wouldn't look like we call offense from inside the turtle shell.

Reactions: jwilliams
it was on him in the framwork that htey aren't going to call the game aggresively like they want to because of what he did in the UK and 2nd half of the UGA game.

they don't trust him....and worse, none of hte guys behind him are viable options, except bailey and that's a play for the future. which i'm fine with because i don't expect harrison bailey to all the sudden be the reason we reel of 4 wins to close the season out.

the staff is shook by our QB mess.....if they had any confidence at that spot, things would "look" different on saturudays. not sure results would be different...but it wouldn't look like we call offense from inside the turtle shell.

So, call the game almost certain to lose rather than trying to win though dependent on JG functioning like he has 2/3 of the year? Makes sense:)

So, call the game almost certain to lose rather than trying to win though dependent on JG functioning like he has 2/3 of the year? Makes sense:)
well, it hasn't mattered how they've called the games....has it? call it aggresive, and we give the ball away. call it tight, we can't score enough, or defende well enough, to win.

they're trying to win games like they did down the stretch last year. and it's not working. and it's probalby not gonna work given the difference in schedules last year to this year.

you have bad option 1 or bad option 2. bad option one leads to getting blown out by UK start to finish. bad opt 2 leads to getting blown out by UGA and ARK in the 2nd half.

pick. lol.

well, it hasn't mattered how they've called the games....has it? call it aggresive, and we give the ball away. call it tight, we can't score enough, or defende well enough, to win.

they're trying to win games like they did down the stretch last year. and it's not working. and it's probalby not gonna work given the difference in schedules last year to this year.

you have bad option 1 or bad option 2. bad option one leads to getting blown out by UK start to finish. bad opt 2 leads to getting blown out by UGA and ARK in the 2nd half.

pick. lol.

Down the stretch, they opened it up against MO, somewhat against SC and the second half to get back on top of KY. My point is we have no chance if we don’t open it up and there have been more games where he didn’t turn it over than games where he did this year.

Down the stretch, they opened it up against MO, somewhat against SC and the second half to get back on top of KY. My point is we have no chance if we don’t open it up and there have been more games where he didn’t turn it over than games where he did this year.
that's fine, and i don't disagree it needs to be "more" than it has been lately.

i just don't know that the results change all that much as a result. JG sucks and turns it over too much.

that's fine, and i don't disagree it needs to be "more" than it has been lately.

i just don't know that the results change all that much as a result. JG sucks and turns it over too much.
And even when he is not turning it over too much, he is so scared of turning it over that he throws late and behind the receiver, (except on long throws).

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It’s happening again!

Attachments

• A3FCD81D-E21E-487A-A3B5-DE588FAF580E.gif
    A3FCD81D-E21E-487A-A3B5-DE588FAF580E.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
As for the 2021 class, we expect Nyland Green to still do something this month. Tennessee continues to be in solid shape along with Georgia. Clemson has re-entered the mix. The Tigers were going to be the pick in late spring or early summer but fell down the list a good bit. It’s something that bares watching with Tennessee looking to add Green to Damarius McGhee and De’Shawn Rucker as they look to makeover the secondary.
-vq

the staff? how about us? they can check their bank accounts and probably perk up a bit.....................................lol.
gainful employment in a Pandemic. when some are furloughed or reduced salaries.

Not sure what world people live in. A $200K salary in Knoxville TN is doing well.

Reactions: tn4elvis

VN Store

Back