'20 GA CB Kamar Wilcoxson (Florida commit x3)

“Growing up a Bama fan”
“We didn’t live far from there we were Tide fans”
“I know what the 3rd Saturday means”

And it goes on...
You do realize Peyton Manning grew up an Ole Miss fan, right?
Now, he rides around in Orange and White golf carts, and plays a round or two with Tiger Woods, wearing a Tennessee state flag hat.

Between worrying about Pruitt leaving for Bama, or Lewis decommitting, you sure you have enough Valium?

Last edited:
Now, he rides around in Orange and White golf carts, and plays a round or two with Tiger Woods, in a Tennessee state flag hat.

Between worrying about Pruitt leaving for Bama, or Lewis decommitting, you sure you have enough Valium?
Was better in days when you had to go to the library to discover Vince Dooley was an Auburn grad, Pat Dye hailed from UGA and Darrell Royal from Oklahoma.

Reactions: SugarCC
Agreed, that’s why I said given opportunity he’d be out the door. We all know that whether or not we’re willing to admit it.
Well this was brought up about a month ago too:
A reader asked Ubben about whether or not he could see Pruitt leaving Tennessee for Alabama.
Within Ubben’s response, he said this:
“Multiple people close to Pruitt have told me multiple times he knows replacing Saban is a thankless job he doesn’t have much interest in doing.”

Most smart coaches aren’t going to want to follow Saban because his legacy and level of achievement can’t be matched. Saban will either groom a coordinator because once he wins more championships than Bear he’ll ride off into retirement to golf and commentate. Or Bama will have to replace him with an up and coming coach because any established player won’t want to fill his shoes.

I don’t know but they’ve got enough money to make someone jump. The pressure will be high from day 1. The first slip and they’ll want to fire him cause “Saban wouldn’t do that”.
If he’s ever able to leave and he is gonna leave I think it will be after the first guy fails. Bama could pull a Notre Dame and hire their Dan Devine after Parseghian left. Not exactly apples to apples, but you get what I’m saying. Personally I’m hoping for Matt Doherty Bama football version.

If he’s ever able to leave and he is gonna leave I think it will be after the first guy fails. Bama could pull a Notre Dame and hire their Dan Devine after Parseghian left. Not exactly apples to apples, but you get what I’m saying. Personally I’m hoping for Matt Doherty Bama football version.

Still taking shots my friend. That one hurts a little lol

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
A reader asked Ubben about whether or not he could see Pruitt leaving Tennessee for Alabama.
“Multiple people close to Pruitt have told me multiple times he knows replacing Saban is a thankless job he doesn’t have much interest in doing.”

Most smart coaches aren’t going to want to follow Saban because his legacy and level of achievement can’t be matched. Saban will either groom a coordinator because once he wins more championships than Bear he’ll ride off into retirement to golf and commentate. Or Bama will have to replace him with an up and coming coach because any established player won’t want to fill his shoes.

I could absolute see him stepping into an advisory role to the AD. Helping setting things up and eventually fading away. You’re right though anyone with even a sliver of sense will say no.

Now, he rides around in Orange and White golf carts, and plays a round or two with Tiger Woods, wearing a Tennessee state flag hat.

Not worried about either. If it seemed that way that is my fault. Yes, grew up an Ole Miss fan, Dad played their, was set to go there and carry the name, chose Tennessee, was told never to come back home, left school, the rest is history.

Simply saying he’d leave if they made it down the list that far, IMO.

Depends on the time frame and situation.

I realize he’d have to have done a few things to move up the list for them.

Consistent T5 or T10 finishes.
Won a N.C.
Consistent recruiting
Etc

Good for Tennessee but also bad if he left.

Won a N.C.
Consistent recruiting
Etc

Or maybe realizing your"dream" was just that. Not that you weren't good enough to do it, but growing g up and realizing...it was just a dream, a d real life leads you somewhere else.

Same can be said for the Tennessee kids.

I respect your opinion, but I don't believe this narrative that "no one wants to follow a legend" is legit. Regardless of the "legend" who WAS there, this is one of the, if not THE, prime college football job in all of America. It would be very hard for Pruitt to turn down his alma mater. They will have their choice of candidates, it's just too good of a job.

I'm not saying he would take it, but it would be hard to keep him, IF "those people" offered.

Won a N.C.
Consistent recruiting
Etc

That's my point...if he gets TN to that level he's not leaving. It's why it's laughable that Bama people think Dabo is a shoe in replacement. Dude ain't leaving Clemson. No one in their right mind is going to leave a program they built from the ground up to replace Saben. Now if he a good season this year, say 10 wins and Saben suddenly decides to call it quits and Bama wants him, yeah I can see him leaving. But that's unlikely.

Another good piece here about Kamar. Talked about Florida taking a shot at him committing to UT and other teams throwing shade at Tennessee.

"They did that when I committed, so why are y’all calling my phone now trying to recruit me still?” Wilcoxson said. “If y’all had so much bad stuff to say about me, y’all shouldn’t still be recruiting me, but they still are.”
Wilcoxson Shares Thoughts on Teams Taking Shots at Vols | RTI

3ab8064801538ac45ac5cfde5004c853.gif

VN Store

Back