'21 GA CB Javon Bullard (UGA commit)

On June 1, Baldwin (Ga.) defensive back
Javon Bullard trimmed his list of schools to seven. The 6-foot, 180 pounder named Georgia, Louisville, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia as finalists.

Bullard is all but certain he will end up committing, then signing with one of these schools, and his is waiting for that feeling. "I could commit tomorrow," said Bullard. "I am just waiting for that feeling. We probably won't be able to visit schools again until the fall, so I am not sure if I will wait for that, or go ahead and commit. "When I have that feeling, I will commit. I will never set a timeline for my decision. It is going to be about when I have that feeling."

The only school Bullard has visited that remains in contention is North Carolina State. He has had virtual visits with all schools on his list other than Tennessee, but he has gotten a good feel for each of the programs.

"All schools are recruiting me are coming at me pretty similar. I mean, I have some better relationships, but it is a business, and all are coming at me about the same way. "I am talking to multiple coaches from each school and each school is calling me, texting me or FaceTiming me every day. Things really picked up during this quarantine, and that has put me where I am at. "I have had a lot of good conversations, I have learned a lot about the schools and I have really bonded with a lot of the coaches."

Here what Bullard said makes each school stand out:

TENNESSEE: "Their recruiting class is crazy right now. I have been talking a lot to coach Ansley, he is a coach who has coached in the NFL and coached a lot of top defensive backs. I have been talking to
Kamar Wilcoxson too. Coach Jeremy Pruitt was the first coach at Tennessee that I talked to and he is going have Tennessee shocking some teams soon."

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

“Tennessee, that’s really a school I’m considering,” said Bullard, who has received offers from 35 programs. “Love the coaches, the relationships. Tennessee is definitely a school on my mind.”
“The more and more me and Coach Ansley talked, man, and I built more relationships through Coach Ansley — I met Coach Felton and, through Coach Felton, I met Coach Pruitt and things like that — so the more and more they recruit me, the better things have gotten,” said Bullard, who’s ranked the No. 65 cornerback in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“Now it’s almost every other day they call and are checking up on me, my parents — things like that.”
“Me personally, man, I love Tennessee. Probably the biggest thing about them is just their relationship, the things that Coach Ansley (says), and the numbers, the statistics. Him and (head) coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, they develop so many defensive backs — took them to the league, winning awards and things like that — so I know what kind of a coach I’d be getting in Coach Ansley and Coach Pruitt.”
“I hear from them almost as much as Tennessee,” Bullard said of Georgia. “They’ve been talking to me since my 10th-grade year. …
callahan

VN Store

Back