'22 GA CB Christian Harrison (Tennessee signee)

Nope, but I coached with a guy this year who is extremely connected at UF. There are several things about Mullen that rubbed the admin and donors the wrong way. Didn’t ask what they were. Was just told that there is a huge push for Freeze and this was before the entire meltdown and collapse of the UF season.
Fickell, Napier, and Elko are the other potentially but I don’t see it being Elko (unproven as a head coach). Other high profile jobs out there for Fickell and Napier. USC and LSU.
Also, Franklin could potentially return to the SEC. his star has faded at Penn State but he also dumped Armstrong and is with Sexton now.

You trying to make that bet? Odds are definitely in my favor though

You trying to make that bet? Odds are definitely in my favor though

I’m not betting anything. Just repeating what has been told to me. And this was before they fired Mullen. Doesn’t mean they will end up with him either. But if you don’t think that administrations are influenced by money contributions, then you are incredibly naive.
I see my guy on Dec 4th and I’m sure this will be a topic of conversation. Will be interesting to hear what he knows.

Reactions: Newman
Can’t believe I let myself get my hopes up on this maybe being a commitment to the good guys.

I think they are going to whiff on this hire. This might push them over the edge and they get a taste of what we have been through since Kiffin. Fingers crossed.

I was having a conversation with someone about this earlier. The thing we’re not realizing is technically they have been. They have been changing coaches every 3-4 years or so as well. They haven’t had stability since Urban left.

However the difference is they’ve continue to win at a decent rate, due to the high talent level they maintain regardless of coach.

I was having a conversation with someone about this earlier. The thing we’re not realizing is technically they have been. They have been changing coaches every 3-4 years or so as well. They haven’t had stability since Urban left.

However the difference is they’ve continue to win at a decent rate, due to the high talent level they maintain regardless of coach.

Oh I agree they haven't been the same since Urban left, but they have maintained that mid tier program with a few highs.

I want them to get where we were and stay there for awhile. Like "worried about losing to Vandy" level.

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back