'18 GA ATH Reggie James IV (Tennessee PWO)

IS his lack of speed what's keeping him from being rated higher? It just doesn't add up. The kid looks like a star on film and physically he already looks SEC built.

I really didn't see a lack of speed. I saw him on an island successfully covering deep receivers down field with no safety help. His team even lined him up at wideout on offense. My guess would be that after his injury, schools backed off.

Reactions: VetVol
I really didn't see a lack of speed. I saw him on an island successfully covering deep receivers down field with no safety help. His team even lined him up at wideout on offense. My guess would be that after his injury, schools backed off.
I think this kid can contribute at fullback for us. I like the addition.

But you “didn’t see a lack of speed”? LOL. Kid is slow as molasses.

He can hit though.

Reactions: Ertel
I think this kid can contribute at fullback for us. I like the addition.

But you “didn’t see a lack of speed”? LOL. Kid is slow as molasses.

He can hit though.

Yeah hes definitely not SEC fast as a LB, but hes perfect for fullback. Good enough hands to slip out and be a safety valve receiver and def has the frame and the nasty to be a lead blocker. Love the addition. 0 risk, high reward potential.

Reactions: VetVol
IS his lack of speed what's keeping him from being rated higher? It just doesn't add up. The kid looks like a star on film and physically he already looks SEC built.

This Rocky Top Insider article from earlier today explains his recruiting process, his injury and how and why he ended up as a PWO at Tennessee:

After Feeling "Betrayed," Reggie James is "Excited" to Join Vols | RTI

Here's a brief excerpt from the article:

“My family are big Tennessee fans,” James stated. “My grandmother’s brother had a scholarship to Tennessee, but he died before he was able to play, so I feel like I owe it to him. And I just love the atmosphere.”

Good story. Just shows the ugly "business" side of college football. Glad we ended up on the right end of it this time. Excited for the kid. Hope he makes the best of the situation. Playing through that discomfort and numbness tells me this kid is tough. Glad to have him.

Doctors released Reggie to practice immediately after Fall Camp.

Any word yet whether he has joined the team?

Took a year away from Football as he had suffered an injury to his arm that was nerve-related, and originally thought to have ended his playing days. GA Southern pulled his offer, but then he was able to recover without surgery - per the RTI article

Reactions: dmwhite1

VN Store

Back