'20 GA ATH/RB Tank Bigsby (Auburn)

He’s actively recruiting players to the gamecocks according to JC shurburtt. Not gonna get my hopes up here

He’s actively recruiting players to the gamecocks according to JC shurburtt. Not gonna get my hopes up here

Yeah wgaf about gloves. Kids get a lot of swag and wear it all. Cade wore Clemson gloves in his senior year high school state championship game, then committed to UGA shortly after.

NASHVILLE -- Four-star athlete Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby has over 30 scholarship offers and as the 31st ranked player in the country the Georgia native is garnering plenty of attention but isn’t offering much in terms of what schools are at the top of his list. “Everyone is coming at me and recruiting me hard,” Bigsby said. “If I had one that stands out, I wouldn’t say who it is right now.”

One of those schools coming hard after the 6-1, 195-pound prospect is Tennessee. In fact, Bigsby has been reunited with a familiar face on Rocky Top. “Coach Ansley when he was at Alabama offered me my first scholarship my 9th grade year,” Bigsby said. “Tennessee stands up there. It’s a good school. I like what they are fixing to get started up there. “He just tells me that I have a chance to start and be the man from day one. Stuff like that.”

Bigsby’s conversations with the Vols are either with Ansley or head coach Jeremy Pruitt, a coach he feels comfortable with.
“He’s just funny. He’s cool. He’s good people. He’s a laid back guy,” Bigsby said. When it comes to narrowing his list and eventually picking a school, Bigsby knows what’s important and what’s not. “To me, I want my degree. It’s academics,” Bigsby said of what’s important. “If the academics aren’t good then I’m not going to go to that school. I want to major in sports broadcasting, something that I know and am comfortable with.”

What Bigsby is not worried about is the competition at his position. “You really don’t. The coaches they get paid. They know who is the best,” Bigsby offered. “They aren’t going to set someone who is the best. They will put the best in the game. If you are the best you will play. If not then you will sit and they will put someone else in the game. I don’t really worry about depth charts. I worry about offensive linemen. Stuff like that.”

Bigsby believes his quickness and explosiveness are his biggest strengths and that his game stacks up well with anyone. As for a timeline for a decision, Bigsby isn’t sure. “I am graduating in December. I will probably commit before my season. If not, then I will wait till after my season is done,” Bigsby explained.

-VQ

Anyone named after a Beatles song should be 4 star minimum.

15-Step-Brothers-quotes.gif

Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...

There were a ton of tailbacks in attendance but Bigsby was easily the “get of the bus” dude. The Peach State native is really well put together and can move for his size. He put in-state middle linebacker Martavious French on skates twice. Tennessee is a legit factor with Bigsby, who attended the camp sporting UT gloves, but South Carolina remains the current frontrunner. The Vols are working to change that.

- Simonton

New rivals article up by Gorney and Ferrell and the word Tennessee isn't even in the article.
Doesn't Ferrell hate us? Dude ran to twitter saying Chaney was mediocre as soon as the hire was made. Not sure who his team is, but it is not one kind to us I am sure of it.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Visited Auburn this weekend. General Consensus is it is a AU vs USCjr battle. Hopefully VQ is right, and he sets up an OV here soon.

"Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby isn’t old enough to have any memories of Tigers great Cadillac Williams running roughshod in Jordan-Hare Stadium, so Auburn pulled out the highlight reels during Bigsby’s official visit.
“I heard about it,” Bigsby said of Williams’s dominance in the backfield at Auburn. “‘Go crazy, Cadillac.’”
Bigsby, one of the top players in the southeast, said Williams has played a pivotal role in his recruitment with the Tigers, and his official visit to the Plains was no different.
“They made me feel like family,” Bigsby said of his visit. “Coach Cadillac, got to meet him more. Open person, very laid back.”
Rated as the nation’s No. 1 athlete, Bigsby wants to remain in the backfield in college. He’s projected as a South Carolina lean because the Gamecocks have made him a priority in their 2020 class, and they have promised him he’ll play running back. Some of his other expected top schools — Auburn, Alabama and home-state Georgia — are looking to experiment with his versatility across the field, while LSU has told him he’s on their board as a running back.
Noting that he has no plans for any other visits now, Bigsby knows he wants to commit before his senior season begins at Callaway High School (Hoganville, Ga).
But as has been the theme with his recruiting process, Bigsby said Sunday that he doesn’t necessarily have a set list of leaders when asked where Auburn stands in comparison to South Carolina.
“I don’t have any leaders for real,” Bigsby said. “I like it (at Auburn); I like it (at South Carolina). It’s just all about making the right decision. Hopefully I make the right decision.”"
- Nathan King

Reactions: Bleedorange80

VN Store

Back