4_3567980.jpg

Owen Pappoe
Loganville, GA (Grayson)

Outside Linebacker

Ht 6-1 Wt 194 40 4.61

Owen Pappoe, Grayson, Outside Linebacker
Owen Pappoe - Yahoo! Sports
[youtube]
We offered this 8th grader today. He also holds an offer from Boston College. We are apparently his "dream school". Notice the visor in the pic. Was at the O&W game

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people
Good lord we already seriously looking at 2019 kids. It's making even me feel old, I can't imagine how you old foggies feel about this

Reactions: 2 people
Good lord we already seriously looking at 2019 kids. It's making even me feel old, I can't imagine how you old foggies feel about this

Young man looks like an excellent recruit even at this early stage of the recruiting process. This said from a lifelong Vol fan born in the middle of the last century. I guess that I must be writing on my old Underwood Five to VolNation from the great beyond.

This kid is 6'1 194 and runs a 4.61 as an EIGHTH GRADER? He already looks like a junior in HS.

Mind = Blown.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee Football: Vols Offer 8th-Grade Athlete Owen Pappoe | Bleacher Report

Here's the BR article about it. Brad Shepard does a great job covering our program.

He's nicknamed "The Freak," and he'll play for a Grayson High School program that is no stranger to marquee recruits. One of the top schools in all of Georgia is the home of Robert Nkemdiche, the former top-rated player in the 2013 recruiting class.

Whether Pappoe's recruitment surges as much as Nkemdiche's remains to be seen. He is just 14 years old, after all.

But the Vols aren't even his first offer. According to 247Sports, Boston College offered on April 21. He already has unofficially visited Ohio State, Auburn, Louisville and others.

According to Rivals' Woody Wommack, "Pappoe has said that the Vols are his dream school and that he intended to commit if Tennessee offered, and now that they have, we will have to watch and see how things go."

Kid has great potential. Also someone in the comments section mentioned they can't wait for the day coaches start offering schollys to sonogram results. lol

Reactions: 1 person

My daughter is in the class of 2020. When we start making offers to those kids is when I stop using Just For Men and concede that I'm an old fart.

Looks like others are following suit. Pappoe received a Miami offer today, according to Michael Carvell.

VN Store

Back