'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

I've been following since the old border wars (pre-rivals) website. I am just as happy when they sign as anybody, I've just learned to be careful about back channel info, it's wrong far more often than it's right. JMO though.

The weather man says it’s going to be sunny on Monday and rain on Tuesday. When it starts raining on Tuesday, do you say that he was wrong about Monday?

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
I'm not talking about the IRS. I'm talking about using fear of discovery as a tool for manipulation. Stick and carrot.

and I'm saying they wouldn't have fear, they would just say "prove it." And you wouldn't be able to and that would be it.

Well, I'm not big on telling people to lower their expectations or not to get excited, that's the fun part about following recruiting. But yes, the other part is knowing that things change daily and nothing is guaranteed until they sign. Good info today can be wrong tomorrow. Getting upset with someone who shares info that ends up being wrong later is a "you" problem. Even info straight from a kids mouth, or his moms mouth, or coaches mouth will end up wrong often. Recruiting is a rollercoaster and some people can't handle it. Personally, I love it.

Excellent post. You had several observations that were spot-on. Thanks for sharing.

and I'm saying they wouldn't have fear, they would just say "prove it." And you wouldn't be able to and that would be it.

You are assuming a level of understanding and sophistication that may not always exist. Lies are powerful among the ignorant.

ylQMr3D.gif

Insiders, journos, and even the coaches can't do anything about a recruit lying to their faces about where they're going to attend. I firmly believe that Quay lied to everyone just to burn us. Owen may have done the same. Hopefully Pruitt and Co. can recognize if this is done or if it still has a chance. We can't have another embarrassment like Quay last year.

Insiders, journos, and even the coaches can't do anything about a recruit lying to their faces about where they're going to attend. I firmly believe that Quay lied to everyone just to burn us. Owen may have done the same. Hopefully Pruitt and Co. can recognize if this is done or if it still has a chance. We can't have another embarrassment like Quay last year.

OP was apparently pretty adamant about how much he hated the Quay Walker thing.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Well, I'm not big on telling people to lower their expectations or not to get excited, that's the fun part about following recruiting. But yes, the other part is knowing that things change daily and nothing is guaranteed until they sign. Good info today can be wrong tomorrow. Getting upset with someone who shares info that ends up being wrong later is a "you" problem. Even info straight from a kids mouth, or his moms mouth, or coaches mouth will end up wrong often. Recruiting is a rollercoaster and some people can't handle it. Personally, I love it.
This post shall be stickey’d, engraved, and memorialized as the raison d’être of the Recruiting Forum. Anyone wishing to post here shall be required to memorize this, recite it upon login, and otherwise sign a contract to adhere to these principles prior to hitting “post reply.” Not adhering to this principle shall result in only one verbal warning from Freak. A second violation shall result in a one-year ban to the Politics Forum and a 5-year overall probation.

Reactions: SugarCC
Relayed to me from the guy who has known him since 8th grade, who I've mentioned a couple times here.

Have you talked to this guy since OP reaffirmed his commitment to the barn? If so, what's he saying? If you've already answered this, my apologies I didn't see it..

Have you talked to this guy since OP reaffirmed his commitment to the barn? If so, what's he saying? If you've already answered this, my apologies I didn't see it..

Talked to him that night. He didn’t really believe it. Shocked. Still thought it wasn’t over until the ink was dry. Pointed out AUB hadn’t been in contact for weeks. Said he’d still support him wherever he went but, in general, as surprised as the rest of us.

VN Store

Back