'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

MV, I apologize for coming off so rude the other day; about your conversation with your friend. I meant for it to be tongue-in-cheek, but it missed the mark. Being a recruiting maniac, like most here, I would've had to put the wives and dinner on the back burner, and dug for the deets on these recruits. It's all about priorities, man. 😉

Go Vols, brother.

Brother, no worries. I may have over reacted myself and I sincerely apologize. I’m just not someone that blows smoke on here. If I do have any info, it will be Rock solid or will come directly from Horses mouth.

I’m don’t pretend to be an insider or anything like that. But I do interact with coaches and UT alum. Been on the sidelines several times this year and I go to a few practices when my time allows me to.

When I hear stuff or “pry” for information, because I follow the Vols cause that’s my second Family and I’m passionate about recruiting, I try to let my fellow VFLs on here know.

So please accept my apology and know that I don’t need any kind of cred, I am just a fan now like most of you are. And the PASSION runs deep.

Brother, no worries. I may have over reacted myself and I sincerely apologize. I’m just not someone that blows smoke on here. If I do have any info, it will be Rock solid or will come directly from Horses mouth.

I’m don’t pretend to be an insider or anything like that. But I do interact with coaches and UT alum. Been on the sidelines several times this year and I go to a few practices when my time allows me to.

When I hear stuff or “pry” for information, because I follow the Vols cause that’s my second Family and I’m passionate about recruiting, I try to let my fellow VFLs on here know.

So please accept my apology and know that I don’t need any kind of cred, I am just a fan now like most of you are. And the PASSION runs deep.
Let's have your predictions for how we close the class, please.

Nothing is guaranteed or done deal but Callahan likes our chances with Pappoe, Wright and Gray.

If we add Gray and Payton to our class... talk about a speed injection.

I would include Khafre, but I think Payton being JUcO would let him contribute immediately whereas Khafre might not see the field regularly for a year or two.

If we add Gray and Payton to our class... talk about a speed injection.

I would include Khafre, but I think Payton being JUcO would let him contribute immediately whereas Khafre might not see the field regularly for a year or two.
good point, do you think if they have the opportunity to get both brown and payton they would do that, or could they even swing it?

good point, do you think if they have the opportunity to get both brown and payton they would do that, or could they even swing it?

I don't personally. I think they only have room for one more WR. Pruitt & Co. are gonna have to make some tough decisions in the next few weeks or so. Lots of top talent on the board and WR is one of the positions that aren't a major need at the moment.

I don't personally. I think they only have room for one more WR. Pruitt & Co. are gonna have to make some tough decisions in the next few weeks or so. Lots of top talent on the board and WR is one of the positions that aren't a major need at the moment.
agreed. i'm torn. on the one hand, you're right. we don't have an urgent need, so bringing in a guy like Brown and Ramel can make a ton of sense. on the other, we need speed....asap. so Payton makes sense.

tough decisions indeed.

Let's have your predictions for how we close the class, please.

From what Ive heard, we should have another public commit in the next week or so. Think he is waiting on mom to sign off.

Can confirm several bigger prospects are telling TN what we wanna hear. They are very confident on several prospects. They have said we have a couple commits but they want their own “Commit day”. One for sure is committing at UA or the Army games, forgot which one he said.

Think it’s gonna be a crazy few days before early signing day and then get wild leading up to Feb.

Don’t look for Crouch to be a Vol.

Honestly Bass, I feel very confident if we don’t end up somewhere in Top 6 maybe higher if one or two come on board.

agreed. i'm torn. on the one hand, you're right. we don't have an urgent need, so bringing in a guy like Brown and Ramel can make a ton of sense. on the other, we need speed....asap. so Payton makes sense.

tough decisions indeed.

Yep. I would hate to be Pruitt and the staff having to make these decisions.

Yep. I would hate to be Pruitt and the staff having to make these decisions.
Dunno why this is being discussed in the Pappoe thread...

...but if we all acknowledge we "don't have an immediate need", I don't see the point of taking JUCO over a HS guy that could very well end up just as fast as the JUCO guy as he continues to develop... seems to be a pretty easy decision, and I like Brown's open-field elusiveness better on film between the two anyways

I also don't see the "we don't have any speed" argument either... Between Calloway and Murphy, we've got two deep ball field stretchers

Dunno why this is being discussed in the Pappoe thread...

...but if we all acknowledge we "don't have an immediate need", I don't see the point of taking JUCO over a HS guy that could very well end up just as fast as the JUCO guy as he continues to develop... seems to be a pretty easy decision, and I like Brown's open-field elusiveness better on film between the two anyways

I also don't see the "we don't have any speed" argument either... Between Calloway and Murphy, we've got two deep ball field stretchers

To add to this what has happened to Latrell William's wasnt he supposed to be the fastest person on the team with a supposed sub 4.3 40 time?

I guess you're right. It just seems like somebody with his speed would be able to see the field. Possible punt or kick returner? Anyways I'm sure theres a valid reason as to why and I know speed isnt the end all be all.

From what Ive heard, we should have another public commit in the next week or so. Think he is waiting on mom to sign off.

Can confirm several bigger prospects are telling TN what we wanna hear. They are very confident on several prospects. They have said we have a couple commits but they want their own “Commit day”. One for sure is committing at UA or the Army games, forgot which one he said.

Think it’s gonna be a crazy few days before early signing day and then get wild leading up to Feb.

Don’t look for Crouch to be a Vol.

Honestly Bass, I feel very confident if we don’t end up somewhere in Top 6 maybe higher if one or two come on board.

Thank you for the info you bring!

VQ

"As for the Grayson trio, Tennessee continues to make moves with 5-star linebacker Owen Pappoe and 4-star defensive back Kenyatta Watson. A key behind the scenes staffer with both prospects is Tino Sunseri. Pappoe is a very savvy prospect, who has long known how not to reveal much in interviews, but based on our time in Loganville earlier this week, it’s apparent Tennessee has a real shot. Pappoe really respects Pruitt and his potential to be developed by the current staff into a top-line linebacker in the SEC. As Pappoe said himself, getting past his relationship with AU linebackers coach Tim Williams will “be hard,” but the Vols might have the right combination of staffers to pull it off. Pappoe will sign and enroll in December, so getting him on campus next month officially could be the difference for the Vols. "

P.S. Silly question...How do you get that box to show up around the quote?

VN Store

Back