'22 GA ATH Jordan McDonald (UCF commit)

“They love my film and running style and want me to come tote the load for them at Tennessee,” said McDonald, who’s ranked the No. 477 overall prospect and No. 43 athlete in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Coach Golesh recruited me at UCF. We just started building a relationship. Then, the staff came to Tennessee, and we picked up where we started.

“Tennessee has always been high on my list. And to know I still have my offer is great. I'm pretty excited.”

McDonald said he “talked a few times” with Heupel’s staff after getting his offer from UCF on Jan. 15. McDonald said he’s familiar with the fast-paced, high-scoring offense Heupel ran with the Knights and plans to install at Tennessee, and he believes his skill set matches what the Vols are seeking at running back.

“I think I fit the offense perfect,” said McDonald, who holds offers from more than 20 schools. “Coach Golesh thinks I fit the offense and that I'm a complete back.”

-Callahan

"I talk with several Tennessee coaches daily — mainly Coach Mack and Coach Merritt," said McDonald, who's ranked the No. 559 overall prospect and No. 47 running back in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

"I talk with a few schools, but UT is coming the hardest."

After learning of his offer from the Vols on Feb. 18, McDonald told GoVols247 that Tennessee "has always been high on my list," and he was "pretty excited" to find out that he still has an offer from the Vols following their coaching change in January. He likes what he has heard from them over the past two weeks.

"They are definitely standing out right now," McDonald said. "UT is in my top schools."

McDonald said Mack, Merritt and others on Tennessee's staff have been telling him that "they can't wait to get me on campus." McDonald said the Vols have been having "a lot of Zoom meetings" with him and giving him virtual tours to show him what the program has to offer.

Mack has spent plenty of time getting to know McDonald recently.

"He's been telling me how the (running back) is used in the offense and (that) I’ll have the stats and talent to project to the next level," McDonald said.
-Callahan

Definitely would be a nice addition to the "22 class. Shows good patience and burst. Not a track star, but shows enough speed. Runs with good balance and tremendous power and physicality. I wouldn't be upset at all.

He said more than a month ago that he had been hearing from Tennessee's new staff on a "daily" basis, led by running backs coach Jerry Mack and senior offensive analyst Matt Merritt. He didn't hesitate at the time to say that the Vols were the team recruiting him "hardest" and that Tennessee was among "my top schools."

"I talk with several Tennessee coaches daily — mainly Coach Mack and Coach Merritt," McDonald said last month. "I talk with a few schools, but UT is coming the hardest."

McDonald said last month that Mack, Merritt and others on the Vols' staff had been telling him that "they can't wait to get me on campus." McDonald said at the time that Tennessee's coaches were having "a lot of Zoom meetings" with him and giving him virtual tours to show him what the program has to offer. Mack in particular has spent plenty of time getting to know McDonald.

"He's been telling me how the (running back) is used in the offense and (that) I’ll have the stats and talent to project to the next level," McDonald said last month, referring to Mack.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back