'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

What did he really say though? You love to see it? I mean it's his WR getting to play at a big time P5 school. Maybe he was just supporting his guy the same way any coach would.

Who knows, but I sure as hell would like to believe we won't be hamstrung by a former employee that showed himself the door and has no one else to blame.

Mauigoa and Echols, arguably the 2 highest rated kids currently playing for IMG, coming here would seem to kill that notion he's pushing kids away from us.
You are probably right. I probably read too much into it. Got caught up in the hype.

You can’t say “what team were you watching” just because you didn’t like what I said. Heupel’s final year at UCF (2020) the leading TE had 10 catches for 53 yards. In 2019, 9 catches for 82 yards. You literally don’t know what you’re talking about lol
They used 2 tight ends and they also had a big receiver that they would use in the TE role. Especially in red zone situations. So you can look up player stats, or you can do what I've done and actually watch every game that Heupel coached while at UCF and compare them to how players are being used here. To further reinforce your argument, make sure to go watch his offense while he was the offensive coordinator at Mizzou. But you're right, I don't have a clue.

Thanks that explains it. It’s not that he didn’t do what he is accused of and that the punishment is not what it should be. It’s just that no one is expected to be punished in the SEC. So some think it’s unfair to him for getting punished when others are not.

He's definitely guilty.
That's not what he's saying.

The whistle was blown on him because he couldn't win ball games. Never even got close to beating Florida, Alabama, or UGA.

People think Pruitt was some scoundrel that just did dirt and cutt corners whenever he could in regards to recruiting. Honestly he was just doing the norm....

Reactions: hooter vol
Nieds isn't dogging our program, IMHO

He was congratulating Tate - not a dig at UT.

Given the interest in UT amongst the young men at IMG I would dare guess we're highly regarded.

2 cents, there is it.
Disagree.

He was taking a shot.

Nieds worked his butt off for Tennessee. One of our best recruiters ever. And his career got stunted because of Pruitt and ultimately because of The University of Tennessee and Philip Fulmer.
With that said...Nieds was in the middle of the mud haha. But he was doing that to get us competing again.

Regardless, for his own career sake he needs to not takes shots like that again.

He's definitely guilty.
That's not what he's saying.

The whistle was blown on him because he couldn't win ball games. Never even got close to beating Florida, Alabama, or UGA.

People think Pruitt was some scoundrel that just did dirt and cutt corners whenever he could in regards to recruiting. Honestly he was just doing the norm....
It was about a comment that some Tennessee fans think the university did Nieds wrong not Pruitt.

Disagree.

He was taking a shot.

Nieds worked his butt off for Tennessee. One of our best recruiters ever. And his career got stunted because of Pruitt and ultimately because of The University of Tennessee and Philip Fulmer.
With that said...Nieds was in the middle of the mud haha. But he was doing that to get us competing again.

Regardless, for his own career sake he needs to not takes shots like that again.

They were absolute morons when it came to paying recruits.

You put LAYERS of people between you and the bag men. You buy and use burner phones, you use personal laptops or tablets to conduct that business. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have your own server.

But as a coach, to literally handle the money yourself and use school phones snd computers to discuss those kind of deals, is just stupid.

That's the part that got me. It wasnt that they got caught doing what has always been done by every school in the conference, but just being so brazen and outright stupid.

Last edited:
They were absolute morons when it came to paying g recruits.

You put LAYERS of people between you and the bag men. You buy and use burner phones, you use personal laptops or tablets to conduct that business. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have your own server.

But as a coach, to literally handle the money yourself and use school phones snd computers to discuss those kind of deals, is just stupid.

That's the part that got me, not that they got caught doing what has always been done by every school in the conference, but just being so brazen and outright stupid.
Agreed

S9OM.gif

We recruiting him as a TE right?

I'm always of the philosophy that you put your most athletic players on defense.
I've been watching this kids film.
1) How the heck is this kid just a sophomore?? His tape looks as good or better than any of the 5 star edge rushers we're after in 2023. Hes a great pass rusher, and absolute dog against the run!

2) He absolutely IS an elite TE prospect. He was beating CB's on go routes. Great blocker in the run game. ENJOYS run blocking! Can catch it on any defender. Probably is a 4.5 guy as a sophomore at 6'4 210 already. He's very explosive

Summary: Just get the kid and let things play out. We had this same situation back in 2000, with a kid from Elizbethton, TN. An elite pass rusher, plus a very good TE. He went on to become maybe the best TE in the history of football. So if heart is in than start him there. JMO...he's a 5 star TE, but a 6 star pass rusher lol.

I'm always of the philosophy that you put your most athletic players on defense.
I've been watching this kids film.
1) How the heck is this kid just a sophomore?? His tape looks as good or better than any of the 5 star edge rushers we're after in 2023. Hes a great pass rusher, and absolute dog against the run!

2) He absolutely IS an elite TE prospect. He was beating CB's on go routes. Great blocker in the run game. ENJOYS run blocking! Can catch it on any defender. Probably is a 4.5 guy as a sophomore at 6'4 210 already. He's very explosive

Summary: Just get the kid and let things play out. We had this same situation back in 2000, with a kid from Elizbethton, TN. An elite pass rusher, plus a very good TE. He went on to become maybe the best TE in the history of football. So if heart is in than start him there. JMO...he's a 5 star TE, but a 6 star pass rusher lol.
if he's that elite at edge, that's where the money's at, ultimately. TE's, truly elite 'Gronk/Kelce like' TE's, then sure, go that route. otherwise, you can't beat the upside at being an elite pass rusher.
jmo.

either way, these are the kinds of problems i want to have going forward. :)

Hey, if he wants to be the next Kyle Pitts, let him go for it.
He's not the receiver Pitts was as at this stage. No one was! But Echols would definitely beat him in a foot race...

One day, Johnathan Echols is going to be
6'4 260 lbs and run 4.43...Myles Garrett type, Jadeveon Clowney, Vernon Davis freak athletic ability.

It's still so early...
Funny enough...Niedimeyer did decent as a TEs coach while he was here haha.
Maybe Nieds will need to have him on defense at IMG too?

He's not the receiver Pitts was as at this stage. No one was! But Echols would definitely beat him in a foot race...

One day, Johnathan Echols is going to be
6'4 260 lbs and run 4.43...Myles Garrett type, Jadeveon Clowney, Vernon Davis freak athletic ability.

It's still so early...
Funny enough...Niedimeyer did decent as a TEs coach while he was here haha.
Maybe Nieds will need to have him on defense at IMG too?
super freakish

wonder if he can play bball too

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back