'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

It made sense. Brandon will be playing with a more cosistent passing setup. Better QB play and pass blocking.

With that said, if we hang to Calloway he WILL start over Brandon and enyone else trying to play slot.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Not going to say it absolutely can’t happen, but percentages are very low that it does. Unless a team is in a complete rebuild mode or the player is undeniable 5 star talent, true freshman don’t normally start over upperclassmen with proven ability who’ve already made the adjustment from HS football to college. If Callaway does, that would be great because that means he’s a phenomenal talent. I just don’t expect it to happen next year.

"The end is near!"

It only happens when i see posters not understanding the situation. People are really wanting to cut this kid?

And I said Henry T would start by game 4...
Before the season started. That was bold. Yet..i was still wrong.
You fall in love with players and go all in...no hate. Not a “pump the brakes” fan myself, but I leave room for contingencies.

I actually think it improved his stock him having to play QB. NFL loves versatility

Agreed it showcased just how dangerous of a playmaker he is because they struggled to get him the ball at WR. Callaway needs to make sure he doesn’t fall for the wildcat pitch when the team can’t throw to him at his normal position.

Reactions: LittleVol
Former Auburn QB Joey Gatewood committed to KY today....That might be their pitch to Callaway?

So the same position we‘re recruiting him for?

Yes....But I'd say most WR's when committing to school would like to know there will be a QB that can get them the ball. KY boards saying Gatewood is their best QB commit in 20 plus years.

Yes....But I'd say most WR's when committing to school would like to know there will be a QB that can get them the ball. KY boards saying Gatewood is their best QB commit in 20 plus years.
Yeah, still not getting it.

If their sales pitch was to come in and be like Bowden, then I could see that. But come in and catch passes from......... Joey Gatewood..... Naw

Catch passes from Harrison Bailey..... Makes more sense to me...

Facts, my nephew didnt take no red shirt to ride the pine. Coach asked him to come back for next season to take Jennings place at the slot.
He still has to win the job. I hope he is more physical, and has some of JJs dog in him. He has a lot of potential for sure. Has he gotten much bigger?

Former Auburn QB Joey Gatewood committed to KY today....That might be their pitch to Callaway?

What's the pitch? That they're going to convert a QB that couldn't beat out an average true freshman into little more than an extra RB?

Or is it that he has a chance to lose to UT at least three times in his collegiate career? Four if he's nothing special.

Last edited:
Why would coach waist a red shirt on a 5th year senior that he has no plans on playing? He brought Jennings back like he did Brandon. Coach has big plans for nephew. I already knew I was being quite about it. The redshirt was in works before season started. I know more than you think I know. Trust me

Why are you arguing against a point no one attempted to make? Other than to tell us again that he's your nephew and you know a lot. Ya know what, nevermind. I withdraw the question.

What's the pitch? That they're going to convert a QB that couldn't beat out an average true freshman into little more than an extra RB?

Or is it that he has a chance to lose to UT at least three times in his collegiate career? Four if he's nothing special.
Nix is average? Lol. He is a true freshman. I’m as orange blooded as it gets but that’s just delusion. Thankfully we won’t play them while he’s there.

I guarantee they made a promise or he probably wouldn't have done it, imagine going from being the top pass catcher on the team 2 years ago to being a senior taking a redshirt to come back for your 5th year and you're healthy, promises were made, I'm not saying he can just count on it and not work hard but I'm sure that he has a leg up on the rest of the guys potentially going for that slot role

I doubt seriously he was promised a starting spot. That does not seem like Pruitt's style at all. BJ may have been promised the opportunity to compete for a starting spot if he RSed and stayed after JJ left. But there was no need to promise anything. It was in BJ's best interest to RS and return.

He is probably a better version of Terry Wilson. His sr year of HS he had over 1000 yds rushing while throwing for only 1425 yds, which doubled his passing yds from his jr and soph seasons. He is probably a much more dangerous rusher than passer.

Nix is average? Lol. He is a true freshman. I’m as orange blooded as it gets but that’s just delusion. Thankfully we won’t play them while he’s there.

He is average to above average currently. Will be very good and probably elite in future. However if Gatewood is this elite QB pickup he should have beat out a true freshman QB with a few years of experience on his side at least to start the season. However it wasn’t even a contest in spring.

Reactions: butchna
I doubt seriously he was promised a starting spot. That does not seem like Pruitt's style at all. BJ may have been promised the opportunity to compete for a starting spot if he RSed and stayed after JJ left. But there was no need to promise anything. It was in BJ's best interest to RS and return.
BJ is far more advanced as a route runner than anyone on our roster next year with the exception of #5. I have a problem with coaches making promises to recruits. I don't have a problem with coaches making promises to seniors who have stayed the course and continue to work their tails off. I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

VN Store

Back