'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

Morrow (Ga.) athlete Jimmy Calloway(5-foot-11, 166) has been committed to Tennessee since April 13 but the Wildcats remain in pursuit. Kentucky has 16 commitments and is sitting back-to-back with the Volunteers in the updated rankings.

Calloway says both programs have sent official written offers but neither has scheduled an official visit yet. He is waiting until after his senior football season to schedule those. The Georgia native acknowledged that the two SEC East programs are really the only two schools contacting him lately. Defensive backs coach Steve Clinkscale has led the charge for Kentucky.
"[Our relationship is] good. We text every day. We talk about the season and workouts. We talk about the visits and games I have gone to," Calloway told CatsPause.com.
Although they have not yet specified, UK is likely recruiting Calloway to play cornerback. Clinkscale would be his position coach if he chose to play in Lexington.
"That means a lot. I got something that he is looking for."

Calloway does not know a lot about the Wildcats right now but he is a fan of slot receiver Lynn Bowden.
Tennessee has recruited him to play both sides of the ball and he admits that he does not have a preference where he plays. He described why the Vols ultimately landed his pledge.
"[My commitment is] pretty good. I ain't really went nowhere else. I have the biggest relationship with them. They have been recruiting me since the tenth grade. My parents like it. They have a nice gameplan for me and all that stuff."

When he does take his official visits, he knows what he hopes to feel.
"I am looking for the environment, somewhere where I fit in," he finished.
Calloway is rated a .8729 by the 247Sports Composite and is considered the nation's No. 29 athlete. In addition to Kentucky and Tennessee, he holds additional offers from South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Oregon, Georgia Tech and Kansas.

Reactions: WTNVol2

VN Store

Back