'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

You have to replace with them with somebody of similar talent is what I'm saying. And YES both Hyatt and Calloway have that type of ability. They can't help that they'll just be freshman....

We can get Rakim Jarrett and doubt he produced like JJ did this year. But as a Sophomore?

Do you remember when we had guys having issue getting separation? To be a Jennings or senior MC, you have to have some S&C normally. Hyatt and JC can contribute early and really help us but they will not replace those two their first year.

Reactions: butchna
Tillman will be a surprise next year. Dude has wheels. Did anyone see him basically run down Gray and the Vandy DB to make sure Gray scored? I was like "WOW"...

Not just that. While catching up to the play he was also bouncing right and left at 2 Vandy defenders tracking Gray from different angles. I was very pleasantly surprised at Tillman's speed.

You have to replace with them with somebody of similar talent is what I'm saying. And YES both Hyatt and Calloway have that type of ability. They can't help that they'll just be freshman....

We can get Rakim Jarrett and doubt he produced like JJ did this year. But as a Sophomore?
Not sure why you seem to crap on the receivers we already have on the team while pumping up this kid? He may develop into a great WR, but guys actually on the team might develop into great WRs as well. We finally have coaches that know how to develop talent. We finally have legit S&C. Johnson, Tillman, Keyton, Palmer, and Gibbs, these guys all have positive upside, and they've chosen to be here. If this kid wants to honor his commitment and come, great. I hope he lives up to all you believe he will be. But if he punks out on his word and goes elsewhere, well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Bottom line, he either wants to be a Vol or he doesn't. Kid may need to check some of that ego at the door IMO.

Took a big jump in the Rivals' rankings. Interestingly though, he's listed as a 'Soft Commit' on the Rivals 250 page.

Reactions: VOLBALT
Chad Simmons (Southeast):
Jimmy Callaway went from a 5.6rr to a 5.7rr over the summer, but after seeing his senior tape, he has taken that next step to 5.8rr and four stars. He is committed to Tennessee, and the Vols offered early, so they look very smart at this time. Callaway is a versatile athlete that played quarterback, wide receiver and cornerback this season. He rarely left the field and he could be a star on either side of the ball on the next level. Georgia Techand Kentucky have still tried to get him on campus, but he seems strong to the Vols at this time. If Jeremy Pruitt and his staff hold on, Callaway will make an impact next fall in Knoxville.
-Chad Simmons
Rivals 250 Update

To be fair though, he didn't take a jump in THIS reranking.
I don’t think that’s true. Simmons listed him as someone he went to bat for this rankings and will make him look wise down the road.

The way Rivals Change column works is that it’s only the change within the Top 250. Since he was outside it, he shows a dash (-). Same thing happened for Lawrence in Top 100 it shows a dash, but in Top 250 it shows a move up of 34 since he was already in Top 250 but not in Top 100.

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s true. Simmons listed him as someone he went to bat for this rankings and will make him look wise down the road.

The way Rivals Change column works is that it’s only the change within the Top 250. Since he was outside it, he shows a dash (-). Same thing happened for Lawrence in Top 100 it shows a dash, but in Top 250 it shows a move up of 34 since he was already in Top 250 but not in Top 100.
So was it 247 who gave him a huge bump last time? And would Hyatt have been dropped 94 spots today in Rivals?

So was it 247 who gave him a huge bump last time? And would Hyatt have been dropped 94 spots today in Rivals?
Yea 247 has him as a 91 four star already (207 overall).

For Hyatt, the position rankings change is not right at the moment. They have him as the 94th best receiver in the nation and dropping 94 spots. It should fix once they finish ranking updates.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Yeah he was.
I said he's another Randall Cobb when we offered. When his fastest time was 4.7...
He later ran 4.42 and 10.7 100 meter

We are a 2-10 ball club without Jennings and Calloway this year. That needs to be replaced and I'm sorry to say, but I don't think it's on the roster right now.
Josh Palmer is pretty damn good. Brandon Johnson will be serviceable in the Slot.

If Deangelo Gibbs is the real deal on the other side, we won’t see much drop off at the WR position.

Most have high hopes for Hyatt coming in too.

Reactions: BucVol98
Josh Palmer is pretty damn good. Brandon Johnson will be serviceable in the Slot.

If Deangelo Gibbs is the real deal on the other side, we won’t see much drop off at the WR position.

Most have high hopes for Hyatt coming in too.

I think Gibbs will play the Slot a lot. I actually think Keyton will be the starter opposite Palmer with Gibbs in the Slot. The staff is very high on Keyton.

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back