'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

Agility, quickness, great vision and always seems to make the first guy miss. Looks good to me & I'll be happy with his signature to UT.

Got to love these Pruitt evals. Going to be the reason his program will be rolling soon. He is stocking each position with athletic kids like Bryce Thompson & Roman Harrison. Real soon we'll be flying around on D and taking 10 yard passes 50 yards to the house.
Go on..

Seriously..

Go on..

Seriously..
Just wait til kids like Lawrence, Baron and Hardy join the likes of Toot, Crouch & Roman. Guys like Beasley & Tank coming down hill. The days of us just being completely demolished by Bama backs in the hole are over. I can't speak on the future of the offense, but this defense will be humming. Can't do anything but be patient now and keep CJP in Knoxville.

Seems to me that the under the radar guys Pruitt likes to take seems to all have some kind of elite measurable. Jerrod Means by all accounts has breakaway speed. Roman Harrison was overlooked by some folks, but he has freakish athletic ability. Simmons has great strength and athletic ability for his size. Soloman has great speed. This Calloway kid also is a burner. Will be interesting to see how these overlooked kids develop.

It's been relatively quiet since Morrow, Georgia wide receiver Jimmy Calloway committed to Tennessee back in April. Since then, he had an impressive track season and was extremely solid at any football camp that he attended. "At first schools were calling a good bit, but that has slowed down since they know I'm solid to Tennessee," Calloway said. "I have a good relationship with the coaches and it's where I feel comfortable. All the other schools just gave up."

Calloway could play on either side of the ball in college, but he wants to play offense. He wants to be a difference maker at wide receiver and he has enjoyed getting to know Vol receivers coach Tee Martin. "I love his passion for the game," Calloway said. "He knows what he is talking about and I like that. He has a lot of experience coaching top players. He is a pretty fun dude."

He also has built a steady bond with offensive coordinator Jim Chaney. He took note of what the veteran Chaney did during his time at Georgia and he hopes to make a similar impact to what Mecole Hardman did during his time in Athens. "He says he likes me in the slot so they can get the ball in my hands more," Calloway said. "I love coach Chaney's offense and he works the slot man a lot. He finds ways to get his best playmakers the ball. He told me that I was good with the ball."

And then there is head coach Jeremy Pruitt, who always is good in the family settings. "Coach Pruitt is a pretty fun dude," Calloway said. "He and my mom had a connection. I think he looks out for his players. I just think he is building something special at Tennessee."

Calloway is part of the Vol commitments group text for the 2020 class, but admittedly he doesn't do much of the talking. He's more reserved and quiet, but does enjoy the interaction. "I don't talk much, but I love to read their conversation," Calloway said. "They seem like really cool dudes. They are really chill and easy to chat with."

Most prospects are looking forward to their season, and while that is true for Calloway, he's also not looking to miss out on any family and friends time. "I like my summer, but that is basically over," Calloway said. "I think our team can be pretty good. We just need to continue to work and try our best."

-VQ

Best ATH that we currently have committed.
IMO. Not sure where he projects. Looks like a DB to me. Ansley and Chaney gonna fight for this one 😂🤣😂. Good problem to have.

VN Store

Back