'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

From the VQ Podcast today - Calloway had a reputation amongst the other WRs at the Atlanta Rivals Camp (they mentioned listening to what kids had to say about each other during drills) - He has great hands and he catches everything. “Watch. He won’t drop anything today.”

I know everyone (including me) wants a class filled with 5* players, but this young man is definitely worth the scholarship.

Go watch some film of this kid at camp or actual football highlights, and then go watch the same of Randall Cobb in 2006. Very very similar looking athletes. Natural athletes with considerably wide catch radius for their heights and soft hands.

Good speed. Looks way faster than 4.7 on film. Like Cobb, he has very good anticipation and vision when running the ball. Even does a similar spin move as Cobb did.

I believe EVERYONE on VN would take a Randall Cobb in ANY class.

Edit: I just now realized who coached Randall Cobb at Kentucky...

Last edited:
Go watch some film of this kid at camp or actual football highlights, and then go watch the same of Randall Cobb in 2006. Very very similar looking athletes. Natural athletes with considerably wide catch radius for their heights and soft hands.

Good speed. Looks way faster than 4.7 on film. Like Cobb, he has very good anticipation and vision when running the ball. Even does a similar spin move as Cobb did.

I believe EVERYONE on VN would take a Randall Cobb in ANY class.

Edit: I just now realized who coached Randall Cobb at Kentucky...

Randall Cobb was a 3*....PASS

Randall Cobb, Dallas, Wide Receiver

Shows you what a player can do at their best. Take that, stats, and offers into account and you can get a decent idea how good a player could be

True to an extent. I want to see with my own eyes at camp in live situations in a practice like setting.

Shows you what a player can do at their best. Take that, stats, and offers into account and you can get a decent idea how good a player could be
I agree with using different sources to make your own evaluations, however I don't think you can ever really know how good they will be until they get here.

He was mentioned during the VQ podcast as very likely to stay on offense where he prefers. This based on his strong spring practices and some recent track events or something.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He was mentioned during the VQ podcast as very likely to stay on offense where he prefers. This based on his strong spring practices and some recent track events or something.
Doubt he gets bumped to a 4 but I could see him jumping up a couple hundred spots to a high 3

Did I miss something? Because I never heard it from any of UT's coaches that they were looking at him as a DB. That all came from speculation from the VQ guys. Unless I'm remembering wrong?

Think the kid himself said the staff told him they liked him at corner. But it was always his want to play offense

Reactions: AaronUT
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Said this right after committing. Which makes it sound like wr was most likely but possibly defense.

“They see me playing slot receiver and maybe some cornerback,” Calloway said of Tennessee’s plans to use him.

For some reason I thought I remembered the staff wanting him on defense more.

His rating is still kinda low, but by all accounts he’s been dominating on the camp circuit at receiver so this could be another example of the staff finding a guy and trusting their evaluation.

Would be nice to have that small, jitterbug type slot guy that always seems to give defenses fits.

Said this right after committing. Which makes it sound like wr was most likely but possibly defense.

“They see me playing slot receiver and maybe some cornerback,” Calloway said of Tennessee’s plans to use him.

For some reason I thought I remembered the staff wanting him on defense more.

His rating is still kinda low, but by all accounts he’s been dominating on the camp circuit at receiver so this could be another example of the staff finding a guy and trusting their evaluation.

Would be nice to have that small, jitterbug type slot guy that always seems to give defenses fits.

We’re definitely low on the jitterbug types...I think we’ll take at least two of those and one (maybe two) like Keyton

Reactions: EdEcEko77
everyone is gonna want a tyreek hill type on their team now, without the battery

Did I miss something? Because I never heard it from any of UT's coaches that they were looking at him as a DB. That all came from speculation from the VQ guys. Unless I'm remembering wrong?
It feels like the staff likes to bring players in with certain attributes/ atheletic abilities and see where they most naturally fit. This makes it hard for recruiting experts who say we need x number wide receivers, x number of safeties, and x number of corners.

Reactions: SmokinBob

VN Store

Back