'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

Not a talent evaluator, but his film shows he is both quick and fast. Makes people miss and once he gets by them he doesn’t get caught, usually increasing the separation with his speed. Looks like he could be seen primarily as a returner and figure out whether slot wr or corner is his best position. One review from a 7 on 7 camp said he was lethal as a route runner, just knows how to get open! I like the possibilities he brings.

Reactions: T Dog and Easttnken
I hope everyone trashing this commitment here can find some sense of perspective.
He will have the usual suspects offer now.Au,Fsu, ect.We do alot of first offers only to be immediately followed by certain other schools. I personally think that is a compliment to our staff and its ability to evaluate talent that they have seen with their own eyes.

I know Simonton said the staff likes him at CB.... but considering no one on VQ even mentioned his name prior to 247 breaking the commitment news, I'd question how much he actually knows about this recruitment.

Tee has been one of his main recruiters (along with Rocker), and the kid says he wants to play receiver but the staff has talked to him about defense a little as well. So it sounds to me like they are taking him as listed - an athlete - and will figure out his position once he gets on campus.

I will say though.... he looks exactly like the kind of player this offense needs this year. A shifty, quick, speed guy in the slot.

If we're fortunate enough to land Rakim Jarrett and Muhsin Muhammad, two bigger, "traditional" style receivers as well as another guy, then this kid could be a perfect complimentary receiver.

Just saying.... you look around both college and in the pro's and most of the really good slot guys - be it that 8 year player from Clemson, to Cole Beasley or Julian Edelmen, etc... none of them were rankings guys.
Muhsin and Rakim are only 6'-0". They arent really any bigger than this guy.

Only difference as far as most are concerned is the stars behind their names.

Reactions: volsagain
Pruitt knows Clemson’s small wr gave him fits. Feel like he’s looking for one of those

Another note of perhaps interest from the 2018 season:

Here is the all-region team for 4-AAAAAA, as voted by the league's coaches:
Offensive player of the year: WR Dayton Wade, Lovejoy, Sr. (signed with WKU)
Defensive player of the year: DE Justin Eboigbe, Forest Park, Sr. (signed with Alabama)
First-team offense
QB - Khalil Arnold, Lovejoy, Sr.
RB - Derionte Kemp, Drew, Jr.
RB - Raheem Gaines, Mundy's Mill, Jr.
OL - Antonio Smith, M.L. King, Sr.
OL - George Jackson, Stephenson, So.
OL - Blake Jefferson, Tucker, Sr.
OL - Will Rogers, Lovejoy, Sr.
OL - Joshua Black, Stephenson, Sr.
WR - Jimmy Calloway, Morrow, Jr.
WR - Tyrek Presley, Drew, Sr.
WR - Jerrod Means, Lovejoy, Sr.
K - Kyle Wright, Tucker, Jr.

In addition to voting Calloway to the first team offense for the region he was also voted to the second team as the punter.

Hopefully this guy won’t be recruiting his 2 star buddies to come play with him

Pathetic comments like this were made about Roman Harrison this time last yr as well. You don’t have to like it but you sure as **** can keep your mouth shut about a kid.. we ain’t exactly defending national champs either

Muhsin and Rakim are only 6'-0". They arent really any bigger than this guy.

Only difference as far as most are concerned is the stars behind their names.

An inch taller and about 15-20lbs heavier based on their listed heights/weights.

So yeah, a little bigger.

VN Store

Back