'21 GA ATH Christian Charles (Tennessee signee)

I didn't read through the thread, but he is a fantastic get.
I've known him for years. He and my son are good friends and have played on a couple of teams together and against each other from 8 year old junior football, middle school, and all the way through high school.
Christian actually got injured during our game against him this season.
He is a phenomenal athlete and one of the top 100/200 meter guys in the state.
It may be cliché, but he is even a better person.
He had people trying to recruit him to multiple other big time football high schools starting his 7th grade year and it never let up.
He could have played at any big time program in NE GA but he stayed true to his teammates, family, friends, coaches and community.
He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled
Thank you now get on back to the Political forum. ☺️

And folks this is why we won't complete annually with the uga, uf, and ala. They mostly sign guys ready to contribute immediately or 1 year from being ready. Hats off to the staff for finding another project!!!

I agree for the most part. We won't win against the top of the SEC until we recruit and sign the same players they are recruiting. CJP is doing that some, but not enough to make an impact.

I've known him for years. He and my son are good friends and have played on a couple of teams together and against each other from 8 year old junior football, middle school, and all the way through high school.
He had people trying to recruit him to multiple other big time football high schools starting his 7th grade year and it never let up.
He could have played at any big time program in NE GA but he stayed true to his teammates, family, friends, coaches and community.
He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled
Thanks for sharing your story. Ignore the butthuffers who think they know more than our coaches.

He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled
Was Grayson recruiting him? I think playing at Chestatee hurts him. If he was in Gwinnett he would be ranked, particularly with how fast he is.

Thanks for sharing your story. Ignore the butthuffers who think they know more than our coaches.

Look at our record against Georgia, FL, and Bama since His arrival. And he insists on playing JG.

No one knows more than him, but he sure isn't above some criticism, or even questioning a recruit

Reactions: justwatch123
Look at our record against Georgia, FL, and Bama since His arrival. And he insists on playing JG.

No one knows more than him, but he sure isn't above some criticism, or even questioning a recruit

Posted this earlier but y’all keep talking about it. So I ask you, who do you want him to play?

The guy who struggled with injuries last year, struggled with injuries during camp, and we don’t even know how healthy he is?

The guy who threw 25 INTs his Sr year in high school?

The guy who has barely any taken any snaps due to Covid?

Saturdays are the only day we see these QBs. We literally don’t know sh*t. Coaches see them everyday. I’m sure they know best.

That being said I think HB will be the answer. Just not ready yet.

Was Grayson recruiting him? I think playing at Chestatee hurts him. If he was in Gwinnett he would be ranked, particularly with how fast he is.
Not sure if Grayson was actively recruiting him.
He was never interested in going to camps and playing the "recruiting game". I've learned that a whole lot of the "star" system is little more than self-promotion. I know some multiple star players who are nowhere near as good as Christian. Christian also plays baseball and is an elite track athlete. He just never concerned himself with the recruiting nonsense.....and most of it is total nonsense.

He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled

Thanks for posting.

I think the staff feels pretty confident that they can take a guy with measurables and intangibles and turn him into a solid SEC player. Need to hit on players like this to start closing the gap.

He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled
29C9B37E-F6B8-4AA8-8FB8-5FF76368DC2F.gif

Posted this earlier but y’all keep talking about it. So I ask you, who do you want him to play?

The guy who struggled with injuries last year, struggled with injuries during camp, and we don’t even know how healthy he is?

The guy who threw 25 INTs his Sr year in high school?

The guy who has barely any taken any snaps due to Covid?

Saturdays are the only day we see these QBs. We literally don’t know sh*t. Coaches see them everyday. I’m sure they know best.

That being said I think HB will be the answer. Just not ready yet.
I want to see the guy who throw those perfect passes against SC last year. If that is any indication of his upside then let’s give him some snaps.

Reactions: The Dog
He will be a good one.
My son was thrilled
Can't coach speed. And if he's as fast as you say sounds like an excellent safety at the next level with some weight added.

Can't coach speed. And if he's as fast as you say sounds like an excellent safety at the next level with some weight added.
He is an accurate passer and leads the receiver well, especially the long ball IMO. I know he is going to likely to play defense. He must not look the part in his throwing motion or mechanics to not be considered a Qb in college. He certainly looked good to me.

He is an accurate passer and leads the receiver well, especially the long ball IMO. I know he is going to likely to play defense. He must not look the part in his throwing motion or mechanics to not be considered a Qb in college. He certainly looked good to me.
I've watched no film on him, know nothing of him other than his measurables and stated times. From my understanding competition was supposed to be fairly weak, could explain why he looks good at qb? Or maybe he is that good I don't know.

Last edited:

I thought I read a write up earlier in this thread that different schools had offered him at QB, DB, and even WR

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back