'21 GA ATH Christian Charles (Tennessee signee)

Bump. His name was brought up in the Nyland Green thread...

From tos...

The Vols continue to recruit two players for the secondary in the peach state with Nyland Green being a corner and Christian Charles viewed as a safety. Charles has had a strong start to his senior season where he is used in several different aspects of the game.

He's got an Oklahoma and a Virginia Tech offer. I think he's probably at least pretty decent.

Has a PR of 10.98 in the 100 and that was his SO year since the season was cancelled last spring. Also finished 7th in his class in the 200 as a FR.

Last edited:
Wiltfong’s explanation.
Logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Tennessee for Gainesville (Ga.) Chesatatee athlete Christian Charles to land at Tennessee.

Charles named a top five in July that included the Vols alongside Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Arkansas State.

Turn on Charles tape and it's easy to see the upside. He passed for 2,092 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior with another 921 yards rushing and 10 more scores. He's been one of the more exciting dual-threat signal-callers in the Peach State the past two seasons posting 1,781 yards passing and seven touchdowns as a sophomore with another 1,446 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns.

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about how big of a commitment this is but I just don't have the energy. This is fine I guess. Hopefully he ends up being serviceable, but it's not exactly the type of talent we need to close the gap with Alabama and Georgia.
I think people just need to accept that it isn't realistic to expect UT to reach the level of Bama/UGA anytime soon. We are only 2 years removed from back to back last place finishes in the East. We are solidly back to third place now. That's still a big improvement in a short period of time.

VN Store

Back