'24 GA ATH Chase Tyler (Duke commit)

Yep and with the NFL starting to trend towards the 5’11-6’2 WRs all over the field instead of 6’2 and up size isn’t quite as important
Good point receiving TE are the new big bodied WR and LBs are more specialized in coverage and less in run stopping.

CBs have to be quick enough to keep up with the shifty slot WR.

We must not think JJ is going to stick with how heavily we are recruiting Chase and Bryant.

In the article above he talks about wanting to be the next wide receiver drafted out of UT...
Interesting...this from a VQ update just two weeks ago...
In our estimation, Tennessee will take one more corner, possibly two. The Vols have a good amount of momentum with Chase Tyler and Cai Bates. Tyler feels like one worth watching over the next month or so as visits get going.

Beasley, Boo, and either Tyler or Bates as our CBs? This is already 10x better than any year Pruitt has coached here.

Let Martinez stack blue chippers every class and see what he can do with them
Marcus Goree, as well. He could be a CB, Nickel, or S, probably. Pretty versatile. I'm more of a fan of Boo on offense, myself, as a bit of a Swiss army knife type player, but we will see where he potentially ends up.

Marcus Goree, as well. He could be a CB, Nickel, or S, probably. Pretty versatile. I'm more of a fan of Boo on offense, myself, as a bit of a Swiss army knife type player, but we will see where he potentially ends up.
Yep not to forget Goree. The early ‘25 board seems to be even better.

Still gotta close strong. Maybe we swing back on Ify or Scott this year. ND still pursuing Beasley but he seems solid

Beasley, Boo, and either Tyler or Bates as our CBs? This is already 10x better than any year Pruitt has coached here.

Let Martinez stack blue chippers every class and see what he can do with them
Pruitt had Alontae Taylor and Bryce Thompson at CB.

What you listed wasn't as highly acclaimed as those two. Both are also in the NFL now.

Boo is not a CB. Beasley might be a safety and Bates we'll see.

i hope he means that he hopes guys like Bru, Squirrel, and Ramel are the next Tennessee WR’s Drafted. So we don’t have you wait till 2027 for another Wr to be drafted
Yes. Aspirational speech, but maybe not thought through.

Reactions: Edixon2

Boo is electric with the ball but he has that elite quick twitch and burst that could make him an elite CB and returner. On offense he would have a hard time beating out some of the guys we are in on and he’s not big enough to do what Sutton can. Doesn’t mean we don’t see him with some plays drawn up for him though:)

Boo is electric with the ball but he has that elite quick twitch and burst that could make him an elite CB and returner. On offense he would have a hard time beating out some of the guys we are in on and he’s not big enough to do what Sutton can. Doesn’t mean we don’t see him with some plays drawn up for him though:)
It’s been discussed before, but I don’t love his size at either DB spot. I agree he has the athleticism to play there, but the size concerns me a bit. Not my decision to make, but I’m excited for him to be a Vol no matter where he plays.

VN Store

Back