'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Keeping the duo together has to be a huge pull for AG. Such a seamless transition from highschool to college. No chemistry to have to develop. I think AG will ultimately be a VOL.

Reactions: rgvol
Keeping the duo together has to be a huge pull for AG. Such a seamless transition from highschool to college. No chemistry to have to develop. I think AG will ultimately be a VOL.

He ain't coming here after what happened Saturday. We got schooled by a team that was 2-10 last season and it wasn't a fluke. We got serious issues here and these recruits see it. Recruits want a winning program that competes for championships. JMO

He ain't coming here after what happened Saturday. We got schooled by a team that was 2-10 last season and it wasn't a fluke. We got serious issues here and these recruits see it. Recruits want a winning program that competes for championships. JMO

only bama, clemson, and ucf would have commitments right now if that were the case. take a breath, chicken little. no recruits' decision hinges on one day's worth of football.

Good thing it's just your opinion. Because fact is, you're wrong.

I hope

only bama, clemson, and ucf would have commitments right now if that were the case. take a breath, chicken little. no recruits' decision hinges on one day's worth of football.

I suppose I am panicking a little but after what we witnessed Saturday who wouldn't? One thing I am sure of is 5* athletes want a winning program that competes for championships. I'm sorry if you see it another way. Guess we'll just see happens come Dec 18 and Feb 5th.

I suppose I am panicking a little but after what we witnessed Saturday who wouldn't? One thing I am sure of is 5* athletes want a winning program that competes for championships. I'm sorry if you see it another way. Guess we'll just see happens come Dec 18 and Feb 5th.

the thing to keep in mind is the recruiting process lasts for almost two years for most of these kids, and the whole time they've been building relationships with coaches, with other prospects, with current players, etc. They're on the phone every week with Nieds. HB is texting them selling them on the idea that a bunch of marietta kids are going to turn it around on rocky top. they're looking at which schools have the majors they want, what the dorms look like, what the campus feels like. i'm sure there's a more shady "promises made" portion of the decision as well. their parents want to know that whoever they're leaving their kids with will take care of them as people, as students, and as players. they want to pick a school that's close enough for their family to see them play, or at least know it'll be televised. etc, etc, etc.

I don't know the particulars of what gilbert or anyone else is looking for or thinking about, but the list is much, much, MUCH longer than "did tennessee win this week?". i think that's why when you see all these interviews where kids say the loss doesn't really matter that much, that's why. its the biggest decision of their lives to this point. its not going to be decided by one day's worth of football.

michigan pulled in a top 10 class the year appy state upset them

i know it isnt the same but to say we are going to lose everyone after this game is wrong. but if we start 0-2? haha...
Full disclosure, though, Michigan finished 9-3 that year, too. I really doubt this team finishes in the same zip code of 9-3. 3-9 is more likely, but only because 7-5 should be the realistic ceiling at this point.

Full disclosure, though, Michigan finished 9-3 that year, too. I really doubt this team finishes in the same zip code of 9-3. 3-9 is more likely, but only because 7-5 should be the realistic ceiling at this point.
Devils advocate, Michigan was the #5 team in the nation and should have finished better than 9-3. I don’t disagree with the ceiling. I also don’t think the season is going to greatly affect recruiting.

Devils advocate, Michigan was the #5 team in the nation and should have finished better than 9-3. I don’t disagree with the ceiling. I also don’t think the season is going to greatly affect recruiting.
I just want 83 more Eric Gray, Toot and Jennings type players, don’t care about stars anymore. Just want some dogs now.

Good thing it's just your opinion. Because fact is, you're wrong.

What part did he say is wrong?

1) That we got schooled by a university that was 2 and 10 last year
2) They there is something wrong with the Football program at UT
3) That recruits want to go to a winning program.

Just would like to know...…...

I hope

Another example, Florida pulled 3 five star players in the 2014 class after losing to GA Southern in 2013 and went 4-8.

Another example, Florida pulled 3 five star players in the 2014 class after losing to GA Southern in 2013 and went 4-8.

bbbbbut Flaaaarduh. Tennessee!!

We have a perennial top 5 recruiting budget, all the tools in the world. So what then separates our program from even mid to upper level SEC programs? Bad decision making.

Now, preface these comments, I'm a Fulmer guy. He made best decision he could considering circumstances...or did he? We can all second guess him. Truth is, we need to open the bank next time.

I think we can all agree despite emotional allegiances to AD, this hire is on him. I think he could survive another fire and hire, but its have to he a home run.

We have a perennial top 5 recruiting budget, all the tools in the world. So what then separates our program from even mid to upper level SEC programs? Bad decision making.

Now, preface these comments, I'm a Fulmer guy. He made best decision he could considering circumstances...or did he? We can all second guess him. Truth is, we need to open the bank next time.

I think we can all agree despite emotional allegiances to AD, this hire is on him. I think he could survive another fire and hire, but its have to he a home run.
You may be correct, but he will likely not have to make another hire during the next few years.

Fair enough but what were his other options at the time after the Schiano disaster?

VN Store

Back