'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

I still think right now that Alabama is a team that is trending. Tennessee is definitely going to be in the mix with their connections to Marietta high school right now. Three of his current teammates are going to be in Knoxville come January so that is big as well. People at Marietta told me, like Arik did on Tuesday this decision will likely be made during this season and probably not the 2nd half of it.
247 Rusty

nah I want them licking their wounds coming off a brutal defeat before we play them.
I wouldn't be sorry to see them lose, but UGA historically bounces back pretty well. You want to catch them with a big head riding high on the hog. If they lose to ND, they'll likely beat us into the dirt, in which event we probably gain nothing recruiting wise.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This kid is a vol yea Georgia recruiting him to be a receiver to but they really not even he knows they word ain’t solid

His eyes will be on Juan in the slot this year. That's got to be the recruiting pitch imo when it comes to him playing WR. Similar in speed and height. Arik is heavier , but other than that its not much difference in the 2 of them. JJ having a good year will help us tremendously.

His eyes will be on Juan in the slot this year. That's got to be the recruiting pitch imo when it comes to him playing WR. Similar in speed and height. Arik is heavier , but other than that its not much difference in the 2 of them. JJ having a good year will help us tremendously.

Gilbert at slot? Biggest slot wr in history.

TN imo has most to gain from early season passing game success and him waiting it out. He knows what Bama and UGA will do. The mystery is TN which is why I wouldn’t count us out. If WR/TE look sharp early on we could grab the stick

Not really. The NFL game has changed so much that the TE is out in the slot almost as much if not more than he is on the line of scrimmage. same concept here with Arik

but he would then be a TE and we want him at WR, just line him up in different spots...I know, semantics.

Reactions: quadlee21
Jennings and Gilbert are two radically different players. Measurable sure, but playstyle not even in the same ballpark. I honestly think JJ gets crunk off of knocking someone’s feet in the air. Gilbert ain’t about that.

Slot WR are typically the smaller types, not the bigger. If he wanted to play slot, why not just stick to TE, as slot typically runs shorter routes. AG is a Y receiver but would kill it as a H-back, if he would block. What would that do? He’d be the most coveted guy out of college. NFL teams are going away from the FB more and more but increasing the H-back, even more so in the passing game it seems.

Slot WR are typically the smaller types, not the bigger. If he wanted to play slot, why not just stick to TE, as slot typically runs shorter routes. AG is a Y receiver but would kill it as a H-back, if he would block. What would that do? He’d be the most coveted guy out of college. NFL teams are going away from the FB more and more but increasing the H-back, even more so in the passing game it seems.
As an hback split end, if he would do it, reminds me of Aaron Hernandez. Without the murderous tendencies. At receiver he could go out wide or in the slot and do fine. You don't have to be small in the slot. Just need to be a good route runner. Which he seems to be.

As an hback split end, if he would do it, reminds me of Aaron Hernandez. Without the murderous tendencies. At receiver he could go out wide or in the slot and do fine. You don't have to be small in the slot. Just need to be a good route runner. Which he seems to be.
He’s smooth, could slash and dash with the best of ‘em.

Reactions: Sleegro
Slot WR are typically the smaller types, not the bigger[/QUOTE

the game is changing tremendously from this narrative. You look everywhere around the country and more and more teams are going bigger at the slot position, especially if their X and Z has good speed.

For electric pass-catching tight end Arik Gilbert it sounds like Alabama and Tennessee are in the best position and there are some that like the Tide’s spot and one source that likes the Vols. As Dawgs247 insider Rusty Mansell reported, Georgia will get Gilbert back for an official the weekend of the Notre Dame game, but at this point I think they go into that trip running third for the Marietta (Ga.) High mega-talent.
Wiltfong

VN Store

Back