'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

It's pretty obvious that he's Harrison's Dad. Been easy to see since day 1. He was fine until people turned on him after Rodgers didn't pull the trigger. He didn't lie as Wiltfong and a few other crystal balled Rodgers that same day. So obviously Rodgers told a few ppl he was going to commit at the O&W game.
He’s said multiple times he isn’t his dad..and I don’t think his dad would act like that tbh..he’s def connected to Harrison somehow though..maybe a friend or uncle

Reactions: JacketVol
Who cares, if olb is gone then he’s gone. Once he realized that some posts rubbed certain people the wrong way olb could have changed the delivery they continued antagonizing like a kid. Who by the way then gets upset and runs away. Don’t dish what you can’t take.

Who cares, if olb is gone then he’s gone. Once he realized that some posts rubbed certain people the wrong way olb could have changed the delivery they continued antagonizing like a kid. Who by the way then gets upset and runs away. Don’t dish what you can’t take.
Idk it’s just odd when someone affiliated with a recruit comes into a message board with inside information. I’m just not sure what they hope to gain from the interaction. Fans are fickle, they’re like that for every team. What matters is the relationship between the coaching staff, and support staff and the recruits and their families. I’m just not sure what is to be gained by interacting with a fan message board.

Idk it’s just odd when someone affiliated with a recruit comes into a message board with inside information. I’m just not sure what they hope to gain from the interaction. Fans are fickle, they’re like that for every team. What matters is the relationship between the coaching staff, and support staff and the recruits and their families. I’m just not sure what is to be gained by interacting with a fan message board.
The only players parent who successfully survived on this board for an extended period of time was MzTerry. Her interactions were mostly light hearted and joking around which is probably why it worked so well.

True, but I harbor more ill will than some on here over people who spread false information. The Gruden Threads were maybe believed by 5% of the fanbase, but the trolls that perpetuated that crap in 2017, with the FOIA documents showing it never had the slightest basis in reality, caused many of us who don't live in solid Vol enclaves to field questions about Gruden from nearly every rival fan we came in contact with.

Also, if you look back at the threads for the last two signing days, our classes (21st in 2018) and (12th in 2019) were almost criminally underappreciated by a portion of our fanbase. Why? Because of "insiders" stoking the belief with party hat emojis and so forth that we were going to reel in all these longshots, coming off a 4-8 and 5-7 season respectively, not to mention the biggest dumpster fire of a college football head coaching search in at least 3 decades.

Our classes were amazing under those circumstances. Fortunately this past year was mitigated somewhat by some media folks pointing out how well we had done considering. I recognize people of good faith can be wrong sometimes but I don't subscribe to idea that bogus information hurts nothing, it does.
Say what you will but the Gruden threads were pure fun! I laughed out loud reading those threads so much that my husband thought I was crazy!
1561212969768.gif

What is gained is that the poster feels important.

Absolutely nothing my friend.

Was Harrison the only one or the Marietta group to make the trip up here? is that good that he can focus on Rakim or is it more important that Arik and BJ came?

I was told by a friend to read some content and just stuck around. Because you guys are close on a few things but miles away on others. I will sign off for good! I will leave you guys alone but the Vol fans come 4th of July are going to Happy. Congrats! can’t wait to win that Natty✌🏼

Liked for the good news. Hate to see you go but I understand with how nutty the fan base can be.

This one is VERY close... I have talked to a lot of people on this one... Some think UT has the edge, the others think UGA... Bama imo, cannot be slept on either.

My gut tells me it is like 51-49% UT today, but it is too close to really say. I think he has gone back and forth for a couple of weeks.

-Chad Simmons

"Tennessee is recruiting me to play wide receiver and that is big," said Gilbert. "They are the only school saying that to me, and I like it. I want to have the chance to make plays. I don't want to just be blocking a lot at tight end and not have that chance.

"I just want to be able to flex out, create some mismatches and have a chance to get the ball. Playing wide receiver would give me more of a chance of that than tight end I think. That is why I like what Tennessee is saying."
-Rivals

Gilbert took another quiet trip to Athens last week.

VN Store

Back