'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Nieds is working hard as hell to get him to stay open but from all I hear he's sold on UGA and that's his dream school. The thing is as I said before with Bailey, Keyton, and Nieds putting in work along with BJ considering likewise UT is on his mind. I'd say its UGA 85%

Hard to overcome the dream school. Cannot win them all.

Reactions: de1conley
Hard to overcome the dream school. Cannot win them all.

Can think of countless kids who declared Tennessee their "dream school" but went on to play elsewhere. The dream school and "want to play with my friend from high school" things are mostly overplayed IMO. In the end, kids seem to just do whats in their best interest. And unfortunately this staff hasn't yet proven that coming to Tennessee is in a lot of these kids best interest.

Our biggest sell is playing time. But uga has a gaping whole at TE themselves so they can pitch the same. Couple that with it being the state school, the perceived notion that uga is going to be a CFB powerhouse like UA and Clemson, and it's easy to see this one going away from us.

Whatever.... Jackson Lowe and Sean Brown will hold the TE position down. I bet Lowe has a Witten-esque career and both end up getting drafted when its all said and done.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
We getting the hell negative recruited out of us following the draft.

It is what it is at this point--years of poor recruiting evaluations, constant turnover in S&C program, and overall lack of player development under Butch. However, it should get better moving forward--we should have at least one early-round draft pick next year (Taylor), with a chance that a few others get drafted in the later rounds.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It is what it is at this point--years of poor recruiting evaluations, constant turnover in S&C program, and overall lack of player development under Butch. However, it should get better moving forward--we should have at least one early-round draft pick next year (Taylor), with a chance that a few others get drafted in the later rounds.

Like the old saying goes, winning changes everything.

Definitely. I Pruitt has it headed in the right direction. If nothing else our strength and conditioning are legit now at least. I wondered just how good those Dobbs/Kamara teams could have been with a real coach. Likely Tennessee is where Georgia is now.

A good season from DWA and projected draft spot would do wonders. It would let him know what to expect from us and what Chaney could do for him.

Me either but I wouldn’t have thought 5 star Nauta would go undrafted the way he looked after his freshman yr. depends on his work ethics apparently nauta didn’t have one
Nauta drafted by the Lions. He should have returned, ran a bad 40 time. He still will get a 2.62 mil contract but will have to stay around all 4 years to get that much. Has good hands, speed isn’t his strength.

Mentioned above with Lawrence, imagine the optimism that would be surrounding the program today if he was in orange not purple/orange. One player can change the trajectory of a program, look at Deshaun Watson.

Nauta drafted by the Lions. He should have returned, ran a bad 40 time. He still will get a 2.62 mil contract but will have to stay around all 4 years to get that much. Has good hands, speed isn’t his strength.

Mentioned above with Lawrence, imagine the optimism that would be surrounding the program today if he was in orange not purple/orange. One player can change the trajectory of a program, look at Deshaun Watson.
Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd trio would have turned this thing around if they had had a semi competent coach

VN Store

Back