'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Top wants for 2020, in order:

#1 Arik Gilbert (Pickens with an extra 40 pounds of muscle and no character/grade concerns)
#2 Zachary Evans (Just..... *drool*)
#3 Reggie Grimes (Really just want to see Pruitt cut Bama off from our top in-state talent)
#4 Keyshawn Lawrence... because he's going to be a star
#5 Our share of those killer in-state OL... (Tucker, Thomas, Henderson, Morris, Mays... I'll rope Ratledge in there even though he's out of state)
#6 Quality DL (Already got a good start with Davis... Looking at you Tyler Baron... Miles Murphy is a pipe dream but keeping him away from Georgia would be huge)
1. Justin Rogers
2. Tate Ratledge
3. Mitchell Mayes
4. Myles Murphy
5. Omari Thomas

Evans, Gilbert, Lawrence, Baron, Grimes

Top wants for 2020, in order:

#1 Arik Gilbert (Pickens with an extra 40 pounds of muscle and no character/grade concerns)
#2 Zachary Evans (Just..... *drool*)
#3 Reggie Grimes (Really just want to see Pruitt cut Bama off from our top in-state talent)
#4 Keyshawn Lawrence... because he's going to be a star
#5 Our share of those killer in-state OL... (Tucker, Thomas, Henderson, Morris, Mays... I'll rope Ratledge in there even though he's out of state)
#6 Quality DL (Already got a good start with Davis... Looking at you Tyler Baron... Miles Murphy is a pipe dream but keeping him away from Georgia would be huge)
Murphy is by no means a pipe dream.. there’s a bigger reason as to why Pruitt recruited Jaylen McCollough. Getting Tank here put us in the boat, and he’s visited twice so that’s a good start. Hopefully we can get him on campus about 80 times before he signs (well not that many but you get the point)

Reactions: VOLED
I feel pretty good about this...

It's not just the Bailey/Keyton/possibly Ojulari/Stewart ties... not just the fact our Depth chart has one legit TE on it in '20, so there's PT to sell... AND he's not the same kind of TE the one legit one we have is... but beyond all that stuff, which all makes sense...

We've got Neids on it... he's an amazing recruiter... but he's not just his lead recruiter... he's recruiting him to the position he himself coaches...

....... I'd be legitimately surprised if we don't pull Gilbert
I believe u. Marietta to Knoxville is the pipeline that will help the Vols return to the glory days and shove it in the 'Dawgs face at the same time. Keyton balls out this year at UT. If Keyton doesn't get hurt last year, he would have been a 5 star WR. Best WR, best stats against the best competition in the state of Georgia, last year. Check 'em, played against future SEC players weekly and shined

So nobody tell him that run heavy offense followed the guy running it to Knoxville.

I'm sure UGA will pitch this but Chaneys past history suggest otherwise. He has a history of Using TEs with success at every stop prior. So we don't know what Kirby requested of him. Also we don't exactly have those RBs that UGA had which opens up more touches for others

Reactions: Coach Punk
I'm sure UGA will pitch this but Chaneys past history suggest otherwise. He has a history of Using TEs with success at every stop prior. So we don't know what Kirby requested of him. Also we don't exactly have those RBs that UGA had which opens up more touches for others
In this recruitment I think we have to depend on the desire to continue the winning ways started at Marietta

Great kid, great family. If you follow the visits, every time he visits elsewhere, he is back at Athens within a week. Visited elsewhere this weekend, took his school day off back to Athens. Think Clemson will push here, but think he ends up in Athens. Nothing is 100 in recruiting, but think this one is over by the summer however. Only thing for SURE is he isn’t getting far from home so that gives TN advantages over the OSU’s, Oklahomas, who are trying hard. I’d say TN is as far north as he would go, CU east, Bama west.

VN Store

Back