'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Yeah plus 100% of CBs to Georgia. I know they’re wrong at some point but probably more right than wrong.
I don’t really care about crystal balls honestly. Yeah analysts hear a lot from players but kids these days are FOS some of the time. Follow the visits and what these kids do and you’ll be right most of the time.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Georgia probably saw where he said TN is recruiting him to play WR and he likes that...they probably changed their recruiting pitch and are lying to him that they will start him at WR.
This exactly what a few fans in red are claiming about us. I’m sure there is some truth to both sides. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Georgia probably saw where he said TN is recruiting him to play WR and he likes that...they probably changed their recruiting pitch and are lying to him that they will start him at WR.
Crazy to think kids fall for this (this can be applied to anything in life too). Especially if they have parents guiding. If team A up front tell you something and word gets out, then team B changes their strategy to copy team A. That should ring bells that team A is more genuine than team B.

Let’s see who he visits the end of the month, scheduled to Clemson but will visit others the last week as well. I don’t think he has school that week, I know he did summer school this year to set up early enrollee possibilities.

Let’s see who he visits the end of the month, scheduled to Clemson but will visit others the last week as well. I don’t think he has school that week, I know he did summer school this year to set up early enrollee possibilities.
If Tennessee told me no, the next place I would go is Clemson. They are playing for championships and they put guys like this in the league. Especially if he’s taking the three-year-degree route.

I bet yer story is that he silently committed to Tennessee weeks ago.

Five-star athlete Arik Gilbert of Marietta (Ga.) High School, a teammate of Tennessee quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey, remains a high priority for the Vols and still appears to be one of their most realistic options among the five-stars they’re pursuing. Sources indicated that Georgia still should be viewed as the team to beat for Gilbert. But he also has been to Tennessee multiple times and is believed to be strongly considering the Vols, and the fact that they’re recruiting him as a wide receiver rather than a tight end has allowed them to distinguish themselves from other top contenders. He’s not among Tennessee’s expected visitors for this weekend — one source said a trip to Clemson is a possibility — but the Vols still could get him back on campus again before he announces a decision, which isn’t expected to happen until at least September.

-Callahan

Interesting. Are we the only one recruiting him as a WR?
Just to answer this yes. Just spoke with him a few minutes ago. Tennessee is the only team recruiting him at the position. I had said before that he told me at the Corky Kell 7v7 that they still liked him at TE which he told me then. We talked about that today and he had misunderstood my question. Did confirm he is going to Clemson this weekend. Not sure where after that but did say Tennessee would get a visit before his decision and “most likely” an official

VN Store

Back