'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert

VolDC

woke up quick at about noon
hey if we trade Tate for Arik that is a HUGE win for us.
I know it won't happen, but I would love to see an offense with a 2 tight end base set with this kid and the Vegas kid. Extra blockers in the run game, 2 athletes that could dominate the middle of the field, add in two tall receivers that can take the top off a defense on the outside... I think I just described Chaney's fantasy offense, and a perfect offense for a freshman qb.

kemotoe

Maybe my BVS is coming out but anybody else think this mirrors the Tate recruitment.

Perceived lock for a long time to UGA. All of a sudden now talk about it being 50/50 to stir up excitement for him to choose UGA and perceived momentum.

I’m not saying kids like or want to drum up excitement but if they are a lock to the school what’s the fun in that. Also could be orchestrated by UGA coaches.

901LookAlive

I know it won't happen, but I would love to see an offense with a 2 tight end base set with this kid and the Vegas kid. Extra blockers in the run game, 2 athletes that could dominate the middle of the field, add in two tall receivers that can take the top off a defense on the outside... I think I just described Chaney's fantasy offense, and a perfect offense for a freshman qb.
Only way that happens is in a Georgia uniform. And if we don't land Arik you may very well get your wish of seeing them together...

yourstruly23

Maybe my BVS is coming out but anybody else think this mirrors the Tate recruitment.

Perceived lock for a long time to UGA. All of a sudden now talk about it being 50/50 to stir up excitement for him to choose UGA and perceived momentum.

I’m not saying kids like or want to drum up excitement but if they are a lock to the school what’s the fun in that. Also could be orchestrated by UGA coaches.
Reminds me more of Owen Pappoe...

jakez4ut

ready for football.

eh.

i think a lot of them like the process and the attention that comes with it. but it is still a big decision and for these types of kids, they have options. they all have some kind of support structure, some waaaay better than others, that give advice etc....

usually they're pretty easy to spot. Rakim, Justin Rogers, Kris Bogle, and several others were relatively easy to spot as attention grabbers with how they handled social media and interviews. the kids that are generally quieter or closer to the vest may just be more thoughtful in their decision making process, and are really trying to make the best decision they can.

a lot of it when those kids go on visits is just to validate their previous feelings on who they consider the leader for their services....so they may drag things out longer, while really never waivering on where they wanted to go.

all that said, again, with Gilbert, if "follow the visits" means anything, you have to believe UGA is the leader until proven otherwise. so the longer he stays open, the better.

secking

5-STAR FLEX TE ARIK GILBERT
THE ODDS: VERY GOOD -- Georgia has made Gilbert a priority since he was a rising ninth grader, with head coach Kirby Smart taking an active role in his recruitment. New tight ends coach Todd Hartley has impressed Gilbert and the Bulldogs appear to have maintained momentum with the five-star heading into the summer.

That said, UT is making this a lot closer than most thought. Was told today his top 10 actually was in order so that puts TN in a good position down the stretch.

VN Store

Sponsors