'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

It wasn’t just Fulmer that didn’t want leach.
Do you have any idea how excited I was when it was rumored we were about to land Leach?... after Butch 5-Star-Hearts Jones... was going to be SO refreshing... and our offense would have been putting up points and getting the ball to the way above par athletes that have been surrounding our QBs for years...

I still have no clue why people were so up in arms about hiring a coach that mostly without discernible talent has had both Texas Tech and Washington State in the top 10... both programs were bottom-feeder garbage before he got there... give the dude a good DC for the first time in his career and it could have been golden

I'm not part of the Fahr Pruitt crowd... don't get me wrong... but Leach would have been an exciting A+ hire and Currie was a phone call away from landing him

... Oh well... let Pruitt continue to "build the roster", but this staff is not getting the most out of the roster talent we have... hope it doesn't take 3 more years to come to fruition

Meyer, Stoops, the "other" Gruden, Art Briles. Any of those 4 are light years better than what we have. There are others.
Meyer is going to USC. If he comes back.
Stoops is employed last time I checked.
Gruden may be your best shot, he's at least free
Art Briles? Lol

Johnny Majors is free last I checked.

i realize some of y'all are just trying to put on a good face. That's fine. I know all of you will be cheering with me when we replace Pruitt with the next guy however long it takes.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
i realize some of y'all are just trying to put on a good face. That's fine. I know all of you will be cheering with me when we replace Pruitt with the next guy however long it takes.

I'll cheering for whomever is coach. (perhaps tongue in cheek), but cheering. if Fulmer makes a move, so be it

Just curious, is the "no thanks" on Briles about the past? Because the man sure knows how to coach.

Not saying I want him, but the outright rejection of a man who has had Baylor, of all places, in the playoff discussion is curious.

Just curious, is the "no thanks" on Briles about the past? Because the man sure knows how to coach.

Not saying I want him, but the outright rejection of a man who has had Baylor, of all places, in the playoff discussion is curious.

I can't speak to others' disdain for Briles, but I have read recently that he's already involved in controversy at his new gig at Mt. Vernon High School:

Art Briles Already In Trouble In First Season As Head Coach At Texas High School

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Do you have any idea how excited I was when it was rumored we were about to land Leach?... after Butch 5-Star-Hearts Jones... was going to be SO refreshing... and our offense would have been putting up points and getting the ball to the way above par athletes that have been surrounding our QBs for years...

I still have no clue why people were so up in arms about hiring a coach that mostly without discernible talent has had both Texas Tech and Washington State in the top 10... both programs were bottom-feeder garbage before he got there... give the dude a good DC for the first time in his career and it could have been golden

I'm not part of the Fahr Pruitt crowd... don't get me wrong... but Leach would have been an exciting A+ hire and Currie was a phone call away from landing him

... Oh well... let Pruitt continue to "build the roster", but this staff is not getting the most out of the roster talent we have... hope it doesn't take 3 more years to come to fruition

And the first time he gave up 60+ he’d be “fired” too.

How much of that coaching was clean because from what I read none of it was..,

Meyer is going to USC. If he comes back.
Stoops is employed last time I checked.
Gruden may be your best shot, he's at least free
Art Briles? Lol

Johnny Majors is free last I checked.

Meyer: yea, lets put money we don’t have in a man who covered up abuse and then lied about it. Oh, then there’s the whole quitting thing.

Stoops: Bob? He’s retired and reportedly has “zero interest in coaching” Mark? Yes, he turned around UK that’s good but even in his best year in football he couldn’t get his guys up to beat Tennessee. How am I suppose to believe he can do it 3 times a year yearly.

Gruden: you think the media laughs at us now hire the other Gruden and pop some popcorn.

Art: He knows football I guess. He did some things at Baylor. I encourage you to read the thread on the Baylor scandal. Read every page, link, and excerpt and come back and see if you can still say “yes, that’s the person I want as the face of Tennessee football”

Great post. I like Pruitt and hope he succeeds, but was stoked to see Leach’s name on the tireless google refreshes that night. He’s an offensive genius and would’ve done great in the SEC especially with an A rated defensive coordinator.

Heard tonight this guy was playing a rush end on obvious passing plays. Imagine having this guy get after the QB. Opposing QB’s might not have 3 minutes to find an open receiver.

He should think about this. Pass rushing defensive ends make more money in the NFL than receiving Jimmy Graham type tight ends.

Heard tonight this guy was playing a rush end on obvious passing plays. Imagine having this guy get after the QB. Opposing QB’s might not have 3 minutes to find an open receiver.

He should think about this. Pass rushing defensive ends make more money in the NFL than receiving Jimmy Graham type tight ends.
Go back at him with that pitch?

Art Briles is a POS. You don’t want that guy running your program. He allegedly allowed players to do all sorts of illegal things and hid them. :mad:

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Meyer: yea, lets put money we don’t have in a man who covered up abuse and then lied about it. Oh, then there’s the whole quitting thing.

Stoops: Bob? He’s retired and reportedly has “zero interest in coaching” Mark? Yes, he turned around UK that’s good but even in his best year in football he couldn’t get his guys up to beat Tennessee. How am I suppose to believe he can do it 3 times a year yearly.

Gruden: you think the media laughs at us now hire the other Gruden and pop some popcorn.

Art: He knows football I guess. He did some things at Baylor. I encourage you to read the thread on the Baylor scandal. Read every page, link, and excerpt and come back and see if you can still say “yes, that’s the person I want as the face of Tennessee football”
Winning in Big10 sitting on the throne is much easier than winning in the SEC, Meyer coached six seasons in the SEC. His first and last were two of the worst, 9-3 and 8-5 with an 9-4 squeezed in between.

Reactions: Dudley Smith

VN Store

Back