2014 89.50 90.97 93.65 89.61
2015 89.48 89.74 93.73 87.26
2016 89.12 90.77 92.54 88.72
2017 87.24 92.27 93.76 89.11
2018 87.57 94.23 91.94 90.75
2019 90.49 93.32 94.38 91.06

And this yrs class, through yesterday:
2020 87.90 93.20 93.26 89.93

These are taken from the 247 composite records.

Reactions: mrmax86
So, your point is our coaching staff can't recruit? It ain't over yet. What prompted you to want to post this on our site? Karma is not nice, and we don't forget.

So, your point is our coaching staff can't recruit? It ain't over yet. What prompted you to want to post this on our site? Karma is not nice, and we don't forget.

Just thought it would bring some reality to recruiting discussions that appear in so many posts. Wins are most impacted by the quality of players and coaches. When you’re at the top in both of these you play for championships. When you lack in only one of them, you typically have 8-10 win seasons. When you have neither, you don’t even make bowl games.

Just thought it would bring some reality to recruiting discussions that appear in so many posts. Wins are most impacted by the quality of players and coaches. When you’re at the top in both of these you play for championships. When you lack in only one of them, you typically have 8-10 win seasons. When you have neither, you don’t even make bowl games.
Btw We took your offensive coordinator...
4045889C-3485-4FDD-A23F-D1BCCCA85464.jpeg

Last edited:
This should be good. Volnation attack! It is bad enough with our own miserable minority, but completely unacceptable when a dog faced troll comes on here to stir the pot.

Reactions: Mike Moffett
You guys clearly lack coaching. Recruiting isn't the problem.

Reactions: chargervol

Uh no, I think he was showing historical data that go well beyond this staff...

Reactions: Mike Moffett
Signs your priorities arent in order

You are an UGA football fan living in Illinois who gets off by trolling on a Tennessee message board..

Don’t live in Illinois any more, just like the name lostdawg. I post here because this is my favorite board. Lots of engagement, fairly high ratio of knowledgeable posters vs idiots, just a fun board to read. Based on many posts I have read this is information that was needed to help some of the people who post on this site.

Uh no, I think he was showing historical data that go well beyond this staff...
His last attempt at promoting Ga on aTN site was removed so he added TN so maybe it would stick. Nothing more.

It actually shows Butch was overrated in recruiting
Averages are nice, but not everything. That is why services use points and weight them toward the top players. You could have a 30 person class and the bottom 5 are going to kill the average, does that mean the class is worse off because of those 5 guys? Of course not.

With stricter signing rules now, I would expect class averages to have a small uptick across the board. Not as many flyers to be taken/blueshirted and oversigned.

None of this has to do with UT coaches, just pointing out generalities. Fwiw I think Pruitt is recruiting excellently. His blue chip ratio has been high so far, well above past coaches. And he is known from Alabama as an ELITE evaluator. Excited to see what his classes accomplish. I think some surprises are in store.

Still living rent free in the minds of dawg fans lol
Shouldn’t you guys be trying how to figure out the proper way to not choke when you’re on the big stage. We went 5-7 and you still can’t stop worrying about lonely old Tennessee.

His last attempt at promoting Ga on aTN site was removed so he added TN so maybe it would stick. Nothing more.

Well, whatever, if you want to know why the program has lagged over the past decade...it is a good place to start.

Well, whatever, if you want to know why the program has lagged over the past decade...it is a good place to start.
A little.
We all know Clemson's and several of the lower teams that beat us the last few years.
Same as all of GA's talent hasn't overcome some of their choke jobs.

Averages are nice, but not everything. That is why services use points and weight them toward the top players. You could have a 30 person class and the bottom 5 are going to kill the average, does that mean the class is worse off because of those 5 guys? Of course not.

With stricter signing rules now, I would expect class averages to have a small uptick across the board. Not as many flyers to be taken/blueshirted and oversigned.

None of this has to do with UT coaches, just pointing out generalities. Fwiw I think Pruitt is recruiting excellently. His blue chip ratio has been high so far, well above past coaches. And he is known from Alabama as an ELITE evaluator. Excited to see what his classes accomplish. I think some surprises are in store.
Again, Butch was a terrible recruiter. He didn't even recruit to fit his system. Not to mention he was terrible at developing talent

Again, Butch was a terrible recruiter. He didn't even recruit to fit his system. Not to mention he was terrible at developing talent
More specifically, he didn't recruit WRs that fit his system. The one that looked like he did (Tyler Byrd) was a non-contributor. He had a QB and an RB (Kamara) that fit his system to a T, but he criminally under-used Kamara and couldn't fully develop the QB.

Butch is now in his second year of rehab with the red team. Soon, he will have passed all necessary courses on leadership qualities, coaching without a microphone, and the value of an offensive line.

If anyone is interested in getting with your previous head coach as a source of encouragement before he's released back into the wild, please let me know and we will schedule your visit accordingly.

VN Store

Back