Future with Pruitt recruits

I love that he is loading up with the right people for positions of need. People that pass the coaches eye test. He’s not just star gazing and relying on what some dick with a pen behind a desk thinks about a player. These coaches know what they are looking for. We are on the way back. I can feel it in my bones.

Where’s the Witch Doctor?

As long as Pruitt rids Knoxville of the losing culture, he will be considered a success. That mindset has got to go before winning happens on a consistent basis.
Best way to "rid Knoxville of the losing culture" is simple: Win Games, a lot more often than not. Win Games in the SEC, a lot more often than not. Never lose when playing a cupcake, or very, very seldom.

Reactions: hog88
I am glad the other SEC schools aren't doing so well this year, some how we're getting all the good recruits. It isn't like the teams we'll be playing will also be getting better recruits, or getting a higher ranked class than we are. As so many said last year, "I can't wait until next year", it's going to be a night and day difference. I'm smelling a NATY!!!!;););)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtnvol80
I am glad the other SEC schools aren't do so well this year, some how we're getting all the good recruits. It isn't like the teams we'll be playing will also be getting better recruits, or getting a higher ranked class than we are. As so many said last year, "I can't wait until next year", it's going to be a night and day difference. I'm smelling a NATY!!!!
abbcaa9ddfe856683cda20e6ee5757bb3783c01a2082365a53e1f562e0a3e1a3.jpg

As long as Pruitt rids Knoxville of the losing culture, he will be considered a success. That mindset has got to go before winning happens on a consistent basis.

Can we please stop with the made up excuses. We have seniors that played on teams that won 9 games in back to back seasons. We can attribute the losing culture to 1 season for Lyle and 1 to FCS Pruitt.

We played in and won a bowl game less than 3 years ago.

This is not the greatest rebuild in college football history as much as everyone wants to believe. Penn State was pretty much given the death penalty in 2012 and are 6-0 and ranked 7th in the country this year.

With this roster and schedule even as bad as Lyle was/is he would have this team 4-2 at this point.

The coaches name has changed, that is all.

And the kind you of players he’s recruiting. And the development those players experience. I don’t remember any of Butch’s offensive linemen being in the conversation for freshman All-American.

And the kind you of players he’s recruiting. And the development those players experience. I don’t remember any of Butch’s offensive linemen being in the conversation for freshman All-American.
You do make a good point; however, how was boy butch's numbers (you know the important ones , such as W and L) his second year? I never thought, nor ever posted, at any time, that boy butch was a good coach, nor did I ever think he was going to be the savior of UT football, sadly many fools did, that is why he stayed as long as he did. I could care less is Pruitts recruits all win gold plated super duper awards, if we aren't winning games, those champion of life trophies mean nothing. BTW, boy butch took us to and won a bowl year two, fact.

You do make a good point; however, how was boy butch's numbers (you know the important ones , such as W and L) his second year? I never thought, nor ever posted, at any time, that boy butch was a good coach, nor did I ever think he was going to be the savior of UT football, sadly many fools did, that is why he stayed as long as he did. I could care less is Pruitts recruits all win gold plated super duper awards, if we aren't winning games, those champion of life trophies mean nothing. BTW, boy butch took us to and won a bowl year two, fact.

Nobody can argue with that. I’m just looking at how things are being built and I like what I see. I could be wrong, but I don’t expect the losing to continue. The defense looks good. The offensive line looks good. We’ve got good positional coaches. It’s only a matter of time. JMO.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Nobody can argue with that. I’m just looking at how things are being built and I like what I see. I could be wrong, but I don’t expect the losing to continue. The defense looks good. The offensive line looks good. We’ve got good positional coaches. It’s only a matter of time. JMO.
Honestly, I like your post, as I too hope things start to get better, a lot better, and soon. I'm getting gun shy, after hearing year after year, dooley and boy butch's followers (fools to be sure), say things such as: we're turning a corner, we'll be there next year, etc. etc..
I admit, I felt Pruitt was going to be a real football coach, no BS, no more champions of life type crap, but a HC that would "thin the herd" as necessary, after GS, I lost faith, after BYU I wasn't going to be fooled again. We all heard year after year, was, what a great recruiter boy butch is-there were a lot of "butch boys" with an unnatural crush on their hero that couldn't talk about anything else. By boy butch's year five, his year, no more excuses, we all know what we were left with. My take away has been from now on, show me, W vs L, no more excuses. UT should strike fear in the heart of every team it plays , just as BAMA, LSU, GA are doing now, we should never have been allowed to sink to where we are now, and we should not tolerate being here! I don't care about contract buyouts and why we can or can't do this or that, BS, If Pruitt "Aint winning" next season (because he isn't this one), we'll need a Broad Stroke-what ever it takes to get this program back in the hunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back