Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

tennesseuniform.jpg
No camo please. You should only wear camo in one situation, and it isn't when playing sports.

Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.
I'll settle with just the white cleat move. The black cleat with white socks just doesn't do it for me. Other than that, love our uniforms. I actually liked the pants with Butch though. Best the all orange ever looked imo.

I don't really care what uniforms the team wears but I have no problems with people wanting to discuss uniforms and cleats.

I hope y'all make sure to stop by the "Chaney to the Saints" , "Why Elliott didn't want the job", "Fan Allowance" , "Vol indoor track team sets record", etc threads and let it be known that you don't care about that subject because you just want the football team to win.

How much less could you care?
Tell em 49 it's the off season how long can we discuss expectations and defensive press conferences. Uniforms aren't going to change performance I'd like to look good winning but if we lose might as well look good doing it. Teenagers actually care what they wear so if some sweet new uniforms help us get 1 more recruit that was on the fence and it seals the deal that a win in my book.

People are saying so what, and we need to win first but remember the Oregon boom? A lot of if had to do with there uniforms. Now look at who they are able to pull in and recruit. This type of stuff catches the eyes of young fans and up and coming players. We can spice it up every now and then.

Adding an alternate each year is fine but don’t mess with the regular weekly uniform unless it’s to change number font to block numbers. We finally got the double stripe back on the pants. It’s the best uniform in football imo

Reactions: oz615 and leon
The uniforms are about the only thing Pruitt got right. We went back to the basics and the only thing I didn't like was we didn't wear white over orange pants for a road game.

I don't want the greys back, I don't want chrome helmets, I don't want any of that. The Vols look best when we go simple.

Yuck! I never want to see plain white pants ever again. Looks like practice uniforms.

Reactions: preacherwebb
This is reason five on a list of five as to why we don't win. We're too focused on BS and not enough on the game. Uniforms. Cleats. Really, why do we care? How you look does not win games.
Soooooo...what you’re saying is that fans talking about the teams uniforms has a direct impact on how the players play and whether they win or lose? Mmmmkay.

Leave the uniforms alone. They look great now. Give back the orange and white cleats (seriously, it isn't 1950 anymore plus they look better with the uniform) and let's do an inverse color helmet (orange shell, white Power T) and call it a win.

Reactions: tbwhhs and onevol74

VN Store

Back