Funny Story of How Jay Cutler Ended Up at Vandy

Not caring about it, and never hearing of it are totally different. I don't give a damn about Tallahasse, FL but I know it's the captial of Florida and I've heard of it. Even if I didn't know it was the capital, I've heard of it.

If it had been MTSU I could buy he'd never heard of Murfreesboro, but Nashville? And this was what, 2001? The Titans had played in the Super Bowl 2 years earlier. A football guy didn't know that, even if he wasn't a big NFL fan?

They're the TN Titans though. Not the Nashville Titans. You'd be surprised at the number of people who don't know where the Titans are located. Or the number who simply forget that they exist when running through all the NFL teams.

I don't think Cutler not knowing where Nashville is is THAT surprising. It wasn't as notable of a city in 2001 as it is now (due to 10 years of "IT CITY" articles and hype). It certainly didn't have the name recognition of an Atlanta or New Orleans.

Actually, I just haven’t brought it up, and neither has anyone else. The real story here is that even though a lot in this post are making fun of Vandy for not even knowing who Cutler was, no one else was heavily recruiting him at qb either. So it’s not just a Vandy thing

No but since it's Vandy we'll overlook others did it and pretend it was just them.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back