Fulton Falcons

drvenner

#LiftUpDrew
Middle Tennessee has some great players and athletes, no doubt. They also have some very good teams. East Tennessee has stronger teams at the top of the classification. I don't know if it's better coaching or what, but winning that many state championships is not an accident.

40Cap

Middle Tennessee has some great players and athletes, no doubt. They also have some very good teams. East Tennessee has stronger teams at the top of the classification. I don't know if it's better coaching or what, but winning that many state championships is not an accident.
I think the biggest factor is the level of coaching in E. Tennessee. No doubt the talent level has increased as well, but there are just some really, really good coaches running a lot of the programs in ET.

biggestvols

I think the biggest factor is the level of coaching in E. Tennessee. No doubt the talent level has increased as well, but there are just some really, really good coaches running a lot of the programs in ET.
I completely agree. I don't know why. Maybe it's the proximity to coaching clinics at UT. Good coaching seems to be lagging behind in Middle and West TN.

The talent in West TN is probably the best in the state but they can rarely put a State Championship caliber team on the field.

Last edited:

KentheOrange

Retired Member
Well, I'm with you. Middle Tennessee has better ball teams and more talent. Just look at all the 4* and 5* from Middle TN last year...Hurd, Malone, Wharton, Gualden, Barnett, Medley.

That being said I've heard Catholic coaches have given their team the week off bc they think Fulton is so overrated.
And Fulton gave them the rest of the year off.

drvenner

#LiftUpDrew
I think undefeated Loudon will play Fulton in the Semifinals
That appears the most likely scenario. I don't think that Fulton will be caught looking ahead this year, like they were last year. Also, Sullivan South beating Greeneville should let them know that Sullivan South has a good team.

Dave1967

That appears the most likely scenario. I don't think that Fulton will be caught looking ahead this year, like they were last year. Also, Sullivan South beating Greeneville should let them know that Sullivan South has a good team.
Fulton will slaughter anybody they play in 4A.

sjrobert

They probably are good, but Greeneville pretty much self-destructed in the SS game. They arguably would have been a much more formidable foe for FHS than SS.

drvenner

#LiftUpDrew
Anyone know anything about Trezevant? It looks like that they have put the beat down on most of their opponents. I think Fulton wins, but does Trezevant have the athletes and speed to hang with them?

The Dog

Because I Can
According to 247 he has offers from Austin Peay and Texas San Antonio...Former UT Coach Darin Hinshaw is at UK, this $ article says he's interested in Malone...

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/xavier-malone-is-a-2019-qb-of-interest-for-kentucky
Thanks. If Malone continues to ball out, he may have some big time offers. Hopefully, he can get away from the bad influences that have hurt every D1, Fulton prospect, since I went to school there, back in the late 80s.

drvenner

#LiftUpDrew
Thanks. If Malone continues to ball out, he may have some big time offers. Hopefully, he can get away from the bad influences that have hurt every D1, Fulton prospect, since I went to school there, back in the late 80s.
I didn't make the game, but it sounded great on the radio. I think Malone will get some better offers soon.

The Dog

Because I Can
I didn't make the game, but it sounded great on the radio. I think Malone will get some better offers soon.
Thanks dr v. I haven't heard the final, but Fulton won again tonight and we be the 99.1 game of the week next friday. They play the undefeated A-E Roadrunners, our biggest rivals in the late 80s. Hopefully, another revenge, I think A-E won the last 2, which is surprising since we have dominated them since the late 90s.

Edit: Fulton 35 Powell 8

Last edited:

SD189

Soddy Karate
Thanks dr v. I haven't heard the final, but Fulton won again tonight and we be the 99.1 game of the week next friday. They play the undefeated A-E Roadrunners, our biggest rivals in the late 80s. Hopefully, another revenge, I think A-E won the last 2, which is surprising since we have dominated them since the late 90s.

Edit: Fulton 35 Powell 8
Austin-East was tough in the early 2000s. We scrimmaged them a few times after preseason camp, rough days haha.

Hopefully, another revenge, I think A-E won the last 2, which is surprising since we have dominated them since the late 90s.
Uh when did Fulton ever dominate AE in the 90's? You need to go back in hibernation sir. And you are correct AE has won the last two (2016 and 2017) hahaha Lets GOooo!

VN Store