Fulmer's Antics as AD

I'm really sick of the Fulmer bashing/jokes. Did you see the look on his face at that press conference? He was devastated. He loves UT. No one could love it more.
His only mistake as an AD was hiring Pruitt. Leave the man alone. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

I'm really sick of the Fulmer bashing/jokes. Did you see the look on his face at that press conference? He was devastated. He loves UT. No one could love it more.
His only mistake as an AD was hiring Pruitt. Leave the man alone. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.
Hate to break it to you but as a coach Fulmer cheated as much as anyone. Talk to some of his former players.

His only mistake as AD was accepting the job. The devastating look on his face was a result of him realizing that.

He loved UT so much he took a job he wasn’t qualified for and only got it based on his FOOTBALL accomplishments and it backfired. Great coach Bad AD.

Devastated? Get real. He gets paid 37000 a month now and the coach he hired along with a bunch of others got sent packing. No one could love it more? Ridicules

I’m over Fulmer, not being ugly or anything. He did bring us a national title however as an AD I feel he missed the mark. I still wish him the best.

I hate to say this. We are in this position because of Fulmers lack of leadership. Fulmer and Pruitt are to blame for the situation the program is facing. The leadership here has been lacking for years.
Seriously, our former AD was going to bring us Schiano and Mike Leach. Give me a break.

Reactions: 10takum
Pretty easy to assess, with hindsight, the Fulmer was not up an AD role. That said, when the crapshow of the Schiano-Currie debacle was in process (caused, I would point out, by a fan revolt), the admin reached for someone they believed was familiar, would unite the fanbase and provide stability. I don't think they felt they had the time to conduct an AD search at the same time the HC search was imploding. That is, they did the best they could under the adverse circumstances. Similarly, Fulmer had to be shown the door after the Pruitt debacle. But, the admin knew that a lot of UT fans think very highly of Fulmer and unceremoniously firing him was not really an option. So, they played nice and let him retire.

Reactions: TennesseeJet
Really? I read that he DEMANDED to have the coaches' gameplans each week and sat in film rooms with them. Sounds like micromanagement to me

When Fulmer hired Pruitt, Pruitt looked good on paper, with several SEC and National Championship rings. Pruitt’s staff also had championship rings. They should have been good, but Pruitt knew nothing about offense, and hated all the other Head Coaching duties, such as talking to media. He was a jerk, who also cheated. In hindsight, Fulmer shouldn’t have given Pruitt the extension, nor been willing to keep him. As it turned out, Pruitt’s negatives far outweighed any of his “on paper” positives. So glad he’s gone. Now, at least, our quarterbacks will be coached and get a fair shot through competition. We have hope. GO VOLS!!!

Hate to break it to you but as a coach Fulmer cheated as much as anyone. Talk to some of his former players.

Of course he did. So does Saban. So did Bear. So does Dabo. He operated within the system that was there during his time. This isn't something to dog him on, it is how college football works.

AD Fulmer described wanting two guys that would work together for 10 plus years. Right or wrong, popular or not, both recent hires have CPF written all over them.
Hope it works!

VN Store

Back