FULMER vs PRUITT decision....

Dougie_D

Here's what I really think is going on.

I think both Fulmer and Pruitt have to come to a mutual agreement on whoever is the next OC.

What's at RISK with Fulmer? --- if Pruitt fails then Fulmer fails and his "soon to be legacy as an AD is washed up"

What's at RISK with Pruitt? --- nothing really. He might be forced to resign or get fired, but he could easily get a DC job.

So this OC hire is more important to Fulmer IMO.

Here are the snags that might interfere though:

-Pruitt probably wants to keep everyone on his staff without pushing them out. So whoever comes here won't be able to bring in his own guys. I think this is one aspect where a lot of coaches might fail.
-the OC who is hired will want some type of "security" if things get slippery.
- so the 2nd year (pruitts 3rd year, that's when Pruitt will HAVE TO allow the OC to hire his own guys, forcing people out.
- If not, than it's an understanding that Pruitt resigns and gives the keys to the OC/Interim coach.

Reactions: Thorp32
Fulmer is there to protect the university (think Freeze, Briles). Besides that, he'll let Pruitt get who he wants.

And I doubt he gets canned if Pruitt does. Let him make another hire, he'll do better from day 1 than most. He was decisive and most would say did very well with the position he was given this go around.

I think both Fulmer and Pruitt have to come to a mutual agreement on whoever is the next OC.

What's at RISK with Fulmer? --- if Pruitt fails then Fulmer fails and his "soon to be legacy as an AD is washed up"

What's at RISK with Pruitt? --- nothing really. He might be forced to resign or get fired, but he could easily get a DC job.

-Pruitt probably wants to keep everyone on his staff without pushing them out. So whoever comes here won't be able to bring in his own guys. I think this is one aspect where a lot of coaches might fail.
- so the 2nd year (pruitts 3rd year, that's when Pruitt will HAVE TO allow the OC to hire his own guys, forcing people out.
- If not, than it's an understanding that Pruitt resigns and gives the keys to the OC/Interim coach.
I respectfully disagree. I believe it’s entirely CJP decision

Reactions: LAVol1

Don’t care what you think, or anyone else right now. Drowning in what everyone thinks the last 2 weeks. Only interested in real valid information. Not opinions, and there hasn’t been any, yet.

Fulmer is there to protect the university (think Freeze, Briles). Besides that, he'll let Pruitt get who he wants.

And I doubt he gets canned if Pruitt does. Let him make another hire, he'll do better from day 1 than most. He was decisive and most would say did very well with the position he was given this go around.
I still believe CJP is going to turn this thing around.

Just once I'd like to open one of these type threads and get REAL information instead of someone's speculative BS.

I dont think Pruitt wants to fail and just return to being a dc for the remainder of his career. Its much more than money to them. I think Mathews knows and has
been told by Fulmer what to release. They have made a hire and think its a big splash. The splash want go public until ??? date for his reason. Be patient.

A1086269-8485-419A-82FA-91D454EF78B6.gif

Reactions: 77' Vol

Not wanting to let friends go was a major reason for CPF's fall and firing. CJP has the perfect object lesson right there in front of him. If you want a top OC you will have to let them pick their own assistants.

Don’t care what you think, or anyone else right now. Drowning in what everyone thinks the last 2 weeks. Only interested in real valid information. Not opinions, and there hasn’t been any, yet.

May have, just don't know.

we’ve been down this same road before. Every time before we turn we’re happy and expect a fully paved road with no issues...

Then we hit the first pot hole. We take the jolt like a pro and continue down the road thinking it’s just one it’ll get better...

We continue as the tire blows out and it starts to rain. Some of us start to lose all hope and question why we chose this road again.

A little further down the road the engine begins to smoke. We call for help and there’s no one to around to give explanations.

A passer by stops, the lights from his truck blind Us from seeing his face. We think finally the big name we’ve been waiting for...

Only to realize once the lights show his face it’s none other than Coach Friend after no one else was even interviewed...

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Why do people keep saying Fulmer will be a failure if Pruitt fails? I mean seriously, how many options did he have at that point? I would rather gamble with the unknown then find a Butch 2.0

Why do people keep saying Fulmer will be a failure if Pruitt fails? I mean seriously, how many options did he have at that point? I would rather gamble with the unknown then find a Butch 2.0

You mean pulling a Hamilton and giving him a 3yr extension for 4M?

I think the only thing that can be said with certainty is no program steps on it's own d**k more than UT when it comes to coaching searches.

Reactions: TNnative

Bunch of wasted space again with the OC hire guessing game. Yeah Pruitt has nothing to lose he doesn't give a **** it's only his professional reputation on the line.

Maybe it's best to sign a one-and-done OC for next year. That gives Pruitt a year to stabilize the offense and work on a long term solution.

VN Store

Back