Fulmer says Tennessee is planning on a full stadium in 2020 -Adjustments may be made-

And you have to wonder if capping attendance below 40%, would pay for the overhead of opening the stadium. And to your comment of season ticket holders sitting outside their area, how do they handle that seeing how donations fluctuate from one area to another. My guess with season ticket holders, they would be given a choice, you have to move..this would be your seat, or, you can have a credit toward next year keeping your seat. JMO

If there is a capacity below the season ticket number, the ticketholders allowed in the stadium will be based on donor priority number. Any ticketholder will be given the opportunity to defer to next year without penalty.

If students are on campus, they will be guaranteed an allotment at the same percentage capacity as the stadium.

Virtually the entire stadium will be re-ticketed, with seating locations determined by priority.

I dont think you will see a full stadium for several reasons.

1. Economics. A lot of people hurting financially due to covid.
2. The virus itself. Many people will still be choosing to isolate.
3. You will lose some amount if sports gets more political.

All that adds up to not a full stadium.
#3 is telling. Ya think things won't change after November election?:rolleyes:

Has fluctuated from 61,000-66,000 since 2013. That figure includes the seats in the boxes and club levels.
Assuming that the attendance will be capped or greatly reduced, is the University or city planning on either allowing or even countering watch party/tailgate situations? People may not be able to get into the game, but I have a feeling they are going to want the next best thing in their eyes and that would be a huge tailgate with video boards outside the stadium. The argument will be made if you can have all the students back on campus why can’t you have a crowd outside the stadium to watch the game. Or there is another argument to made where there are already examples of masses of people together over the past weeks and why is that ok, but that’s for another board.

If they do the mask requirement with full stadium capacity you might see some people getting sent to the hospital early on. Those early season games in the south can be absolutely brutal when it comes to the heat. In addition to the heat, masks restrict air flow and you’ll possibly be having several people passing out in the stands.

Yea I just don’t see people actually showing up. Their personal safety, finances, traveling etc will hold a lot of this back regardless if Neyland is allowed the 102K capacity. You’ve seen it with restaurants and trumps rally... people are staying in even after businesses are being deemed “open”.

Fulmer just pleasing the fan base with that statement.

I agree with this. Fear of the virus alone will keep the stadium from full capacity. Even without any legal restrictions at any state or local level.

I would go too but not if there are 100K packed in there. If you could get 60,000 and spread everyone out would be ideal to me. Went to Marshall game back in 2006 and it poured most of the morning and afternoon and they had about 60K show up and it was nice not being crammed together.

Assuming that the attendance will be capped or greatly reduced, is the University or city planning on either allowing or even countering watch party/tailgate situations? People may not be able to get into the game, but I have a feeling they are going to want the next best thing in their eyes and that would be a huge tailgate with video boards outside the stadium. The argument will be made if you can have all the students back on campus why can’t you have a crowd outside the stadium to watch the game. Or there is another argument to made where there are already examples of masses of people together over the past weeks and why is that ok, but that’s for another board.

That’s a good question. I cannot imagine that they will formally do anything outside the stadium if there is a reduced capacity. If the idea of having reduced capacity is to reduce the number of people on campus, then I don’t envision them inviting more people to campus than they can accommodate in the stadium.

Remember, the university itself is trying to minimize the number of people on campus this fall beyond the students that have to be there. They are staggering classes, extending hours classes can be held, things like that. The university is also going to require everyone that is physically on campus this fall, at any time, to wear a mask. That will happen for football Saturdays. It will happen in the stadium, and it will happen at every other building on campus. They haven’t made that announcement about football specifically, but I know when the University made the announcement regarding the rules on campus this fall, they certainly meant that it would apply to football games as well.

That’s a good question. I cannot imagine that they will formally do anything outside the stadium if there is a reduced capacity. If the idea of having reduced capacity is to reduce the number of people on campus, then I don’t envision them inviting more people to campus than they can accommodate in the stadium.

Remember, the university itself is trying to minimize the number of people on campus this fall beyond the students that have to be there. They are staggering classes, extending hours classes can be held, things like that. The university is also going to require everyone that is physically on campus this fall, at any time, to wear a mask. That will happen for football Saturdays. It will happen in the stadium, and it will happen at every other building on campus. They haven’t made that announcement about football specifically, but I know when the University made the announcement regarding the rules on campus this fall, they certainly meant that it would apply to football games as well.
Thanks for the response. That sounds like one big headache, literally and figuratively. It will be interesting to see how that is received as well as enforced.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Thanks for the response. That sounds like one big headache, literally and figuratively. It will be interesting to see how that is received as well as enforced.

Great point. I have no doubt that Deerpark is correct regarding mask requirements, but enforcement is intriguing; I would imagine there to be strong diligence in terms of making sure every attendee at Neyland has a mask (hint: give out very basic UT masks at every gate), but how policing it in the stands and at Fraternity Park goes is a big question mark.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

How do they enforce that policy at a football game if thousands disregard their masks once the game gets going? Will there be food and drinks sold and consumed with such a mask policy? It all may be necessary to attend but not much fun.

VN Store

Back