Fulmer role in the Solomon decision.

I don't understand how the NCAA made decision on the kid from Florida who left in May or June because he couldn't change dorm rooms ( USC ) but not on Solomon yet. Hey NCAA you biotches.
Little more to it than that but ok

Reactions: Devo182
Per Basilio this morning, much of the Solomon issue may be self inflicted. Basilio indicated the issue may come down to an internal error in the UTAD.

If it turns out that the UTAD blew this through administrative incompetence, it will be an absolute tragedy.

I have no idea if this is true, but generally Basilio is fairly careful about sharing rumors. Time will tell.
Well there's no answer afawk so no one can even talk about "blowing it" right now. And it would be pretty tough to make a clerical error causing not just initial denial, but also reconsideration denial, and finally a full appeal denial.

Any clerical/utad "error" would likely only cause things to take longer, so maybe that is what he's referencing. The wait isn't a huge deal, getting denied would be.

Well there's no answer afawk so no one can even talk about "blowing it" right now. And it would be pretty tough to make a clerical error causing not just initial denial, but also reconsideration denial, and finally a full appeal denial.

Any clerical/utad "error" would likely only cause things to take longer, so maybe that is what he's referencing. The wait isn't a huge deal, getting denied would be.

That was the implication, and explains why so many other requests for waivers have been acted upon within the timeline since Solomon transferred.

That was the implication, and explains why so many other requests for waivers have been acted upon within the timeline since Solomon transferred.
It doesn't explain anything. This is simply business as usual by the NCAA Eligibility center. They have a history of doing this and they do it for a reason. He may be ruled that he can't play but it will not be because of a clerical error. Our company has had hundreds of prospects go through this in the past.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
It doesn't explain anything. This is simply business as usual by the NCAA Eligibility center. They have a history of doing this and they do it for a reason. He may be ruled that he can't play but it will not be because of a clerical error. Our company has had hundreds of prospects go through this in the past.

Give me a break. Neither of us knows why this has taken so long. I shared what Basilio was reporting this morning, and given the overall tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot it makes as much sense as anything.

I was careful to note that I have no personal knowledge of this, and neither do you.

Reactions: 08Vol and VolNExile
Give me a break. Neither of us knows why this has taken so long. I shared what Basilio was reporting this morning, and given the overall tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot it makes as much sense as anything.

I was careful to note that I have no personal knowledge of this, and neither do you.
I have personal knowledge of how the clearinghouse works, Basillio is reporting garbage.

Basilio is notorious for throwing stuff against the wall. He really has no inside information. I stopped listening to him over a decade ago. I would not put any faith in anything he says.

I have personal knowledge of how the clearinghouse works, Basillio is reporting garbage.

Do you have personal knowledge of this particular case? If not, then we are in the same boat.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just not inclined to believe an authoritative post on this board, since I assume everyone here has the same level of inside knowledge as I have, namely zero.

Reactions: 08Vol and VolNExile
Personally (based on your knowledge to date), do you think there's a chance Solomon plays this year?
You just never know with this group. I don't know the details of his case so it's hard to judge, I just know that it is not uncommon for this to happen. It's not uncommon for some athletes to get cleared after the season starts. Hopefully we'll know soon. We could definitely use him this season.

Do you have personal knowledge of this particular case? If not, then we are in the same boat.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just not inclined to believe an authoritative post on this board, since I assume everyone here has the same level of inside knowledge as I have, namely zero.
I don't think we are in the same boat, Basillio is reporting his opinion on a situation that there is no way for him to have knowledge of. If the reported "clerical error", lol, was involved then he would be announced as not eligible already. It's public knowledge basically once a decision is made, Vol fans will know within hours of when the school finds out.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I may eat these words but Solomon wont be eligible this year. He didnt lawyer up, he hasnt tried it in the press/court of public opinion, it doesn't benefit OSU/Bama, etc. and he didnt go down the Justin Fields path.

There's no reason the NCAA will approve his waiver...

yep you have to lawyer up if you're not Bama Ga OSU...……..

I don't think we are in the same boat, Basillio is reporting his opinion on a situation that there is no way for him to have knowledge of. If the reported "clerical error", lol, was involved then he would be announced as not eligible already. It's public knowledge basically once a decision is made, Vol fans will know within hours of when the school finds out.

Lol. So I have no personal knowledge. You have no personal knowledge. Yet, somehow, you see it necessary to somehow differentiate our level of knowledge of the situation.

Ok. Whatever, brother. Your lack of inside information is clearly better than my lack of inside information. Happy??

(Me neither. We are still likely to be short on DTs! 😎😎)

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Anyone else think it would be a good, idea to tie transfers, to the early signing period in December. If you enter the portal by the signing date, you will be cleared to transfer and play in spring, and fall. If you miss that date, you sit out for the year.

This would be great for both the student and staff. because it would help coaches recruit for the loss of an athlete.

Repeating this from a previous thread, but I think the NCAA should change the rule to go ahead and allow a 1 time transfer without penalty except the former team can require the player to sit out games against them if the team losing the player is scheduled to play the gaining team in the season immediately following the transfer. These young kids are sold a bill of goods during recruiting which sometimes does not prove to be what they were told, and sometimes they just make mistakes, so they should have a one-time opportunity to correct it. Second transfers, however, should be severely restricted, primarily to athletes at schools on probation, schools dropping the sport or moving to a lower division. Just my thoughts.

Doubt Fulmer is on Mark Emmert's preferred list. I doubt anyone is helping Vols on this one. There may be people looking at this from the perspective that we probably won't have a good season anyway, so what's the point of doing us a favor.

Per Basilio this morning, much of the Solomon issue may be self inflicted. Basilio indicated the issue may come down to an internal error in the UTAD.

If it turns out that the UTAD blew this through administrative incompetence, it will be an absolute tragedy.

I have no idea if this is true, but generally Basilio is fairly careful about sharing rumors. Time will tell.
I don't believe any thing that Basilio says/posts. If he isn't approved, It will be interesting to see if they explain their decision. I doubt they will simply give an approved or a not approved. I don't ever speculate on how they make their stupid decisions.

So you accept nobody knows anything? Even WHEN his case was actually filed or Michigan responded?

Yet you jump to conclusions of mass conspiracy theory? Lol ok...

Maybe...just maybe...he filed later than some expect, or he is in the process of getting reconsideration, or a full appeal. Just some thoughts that are less of a jump than an NCAA LRC member (these are conference or school compliance employees that volunteer to work on this for the ncaa) is taking bribes or being pushed around by some school admin?

Based on when Solomon transferred, this should have been resolved long ago. Transfers that happened months later have already been ruled on.

VN Store

Back