Fulmer role in the Solomon decision.

I don't understand how the NCAA made decision on the kid from Florida who left in May or June because he couldn't change dorm rooms ( USC ) but not on Solomon yet. Hey NCAA you biotches.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
For the most part, this thread has been given the respect and attention it deserves.

I agree. Heck, he will be playing against his old team this year. Not sure what the hold up is with us. If Saban needed him it wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Ratvol
'Blue' Smith granted immediate NCAA eligibility at Cincinnati

Not sure how this guy gets cleared but Tennessee is still in limbo

Anyone else think it would be a good, idea to tie transfers, to the early signing period in December. If you enter the portal by the signing date, you will be cleared to transfer and play in spring, and fall. If you miss that date, you sit out for the year.

This would be great for both the student and staff. because it would help coaches recruit for the loss of an athlete.

Not really because theyā€™re enrolled so they have to focus on school regardless. Itā€™s a fact that itā€™s actually a good reason to want to transfer rather than some dreamt of fly by night reason. They canā€™t handle give fair rulings so they hired some quack to do it for them.

In English please

I may eat these words but Solomon wont be eligible this year. He didnt lawyer up, he hasnt tried it in the press/court of public opinion, it doesn't benefit OSU/Bama, etc. and he didnt go down the Justin Fields path.

There's no reason the NCAA will approve his waiver...

What would he have done in the public court of opinion? What is his case? And how do you know we don't have lawyers working on it? It seems you know a lot about the case specifics, please divulge.

Fwiw some cases could be quite personal, especially if mental health/illness or injury is part of it. HIPAA is there for a reason and that is his right to privacy if he wants to keep it private.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don't understand how the NCAA made decision on the kid from Florida who left in May or June because he couldn't change dorm rooms ( USC ) but not on Solomon yet. Hey NCAA you biotches.

Individual staffers are assigned cases. Maybe Solomon's landed with this guy
giphy (26).gif

And as far as we can decipher from Pruitt's words - I think Solomon's case was filed between mid-March and late-May. Harbaugh could be making things tough too, who knows? He seems like a vindictive cat.

Reactions: VolNExile
Anyone else think it would be a good, idea to tie transfers, to the early signing period in December. If you enter the portal by the signing date, you will be cleared to transfer and play in spring, and fall. If you miss that date, you sit out for the year.

This would be great for both the student and staff. because it would help coaches recruit for the loss of an athlete.

Seems arbitrary. What if a school is ruled ineligible for the postseason in the Spring anf kid wants tp transfer, no luck? Or mom has terminal cancer and he eants to go back home? Missed the cut off oops. Good for coaches maybe, bad for the SAs in many cases.

Besides if a kid transfers, that doesn't allow the coach to sign more kids that year. Just give a walkon a scholarship. Not much help usually.

Actually says in the article that OSU helped lobby the NCAA for him to play. So common denominator = OSU/BAMA/MICH etc. ask for something and NCAA asks "how high should we jump?"
Uhh the former team is asked by the ncaa to support or deny a kid's story about what happened at the previous school. This is for every case. They supported his story. Hell it doesn't help them, they play Cinci this year.

It obviously helps a case when the former school supports the story. Hurts it if they deny supporting facts, story, etc. This happens with every case.

Reactions: 08Vol
Uhh the former team is asked by the ncaa to support or deny a kid's story about what happened at the previous school. This is for every case. They supported his story. Hell it doesn't help them, they play Cinci this year.

It obviously helps a case when the former school supports the story. Hurts it if they deny supporting facts, story, etc. This happens with every case.

šŸ˜³...... .legit what I just said......thanks for clarifying.

If Solomon does not get cleared, that gives guys like Williams and Middleton and Butler more playing time.

But we all know it's worse to take a junior recruit off campus than to have fake classes and include the grades in eligibility! Anyhow,Roy Williams didn't even know .Entrepreneur.jpg

Per Basilio this morning, much of the Solomon issue may be self inflicted. Basilio indicated the issue may come down to an internal error in the UTAD.

If it turns out that the UTAD blew this through administrative incompetence, it will be an absolute tragedy.

I have no idea if this is true, but generally Basilio is fairly careful about sharing rumors. Time will tell.

Reactions: 08Vol
As we all know, the NCAA doesnā€™t always make sense or treat players or schools equitably.
Especially with the loss of Gooden, Iā€™m just wondering if our AD will try to apply any pressure on them to get a decision soon.
Solomon and our coaching staff deserve to know NOW.
What pressure can he apply?

Per Basilio this morning, much of the Solomon issue may be self inflicted. Basilio indicated the issue may come down to an internal error in the UTAD.

If it turns out that the UTAD blew this through administrative incompetence, it will be an absolute tragedy.

I have no idea if this is true, but generally Basilio is fairly careful about sharing rumors. Time will tell.
I trust zero of what he says

VN Store

Back