Fulmer on Arch Manning recruitment

No crystal ball here but being raised as a QB by a Grandfather and 2 Uncles that all played at a high level, he might have gotten good advice on how to be a College and NFL QB. Maybe?

We have NIL room to get him and Nico. Why not if we can?

I am sure he did. And Arch is talented no doubt. But again, if his name was Arch Jones, you think he is rated above Nelson and Nico?

There is no way the #1 and #3 overall QBs would sign with the same team. It’s got nothing to do with NIL. NIL is going to allow us to get any player we want.

Reactions: LittleVol and Remy
I disagree that having both of them would be a waste of money. Manning will probably end up at an SEC school(Still no crystal ball.), we play a bunch of SEC schools every year, if he becomes a Vol, we don’t have to defend against him.

Wherever he goes I expect him to raise their level of play. Why not allow that to happen on the Hill?

We have had to play against stud QBs in the SEC for years. Arch is no different.

If Nico was Coopers son, he would be the #1 player in the nation. Arch’s last name carry’s a ton of weight. Remember when JGs parents did what they did to get him to the #1 DT QB? Now imagine your 2 uncles being Eli and Peyton Manning.
What (exactly) did they DO? I don’t remember.

I disagree that having both of them would be a waste of money. Manning will probably end up at an SEC school(Still no crystal ball.), we play a bunch of SEC schools every year, if he becomes a Vol, we don’t have to defend against him.

Wherever he goes I expect him to raise their level of play. Why not allow that to happen on the Hill?

Sorry Peyton, but no.

We do not have room on our roster for your nephew. Perhaps if your son works very hard, we can open up a spot for him in the 2028 recruiting class.

Tell your nephew, that from among the secondary choices, we think Texas offers the best education. No point in him working toward a bubble gum degree from Georgia, or a career in washing cars from Alabubba.

Reactions: Iam4utalways
I think there can be something said about Arch not jetting all over the country doing these exhibition 7v7. He may very well be travelling a lot, but I think I heard where they also want him to enjoy being a high schooler. Plenty of time for the lime-light of college football. IMO only.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I'm sick of Fulmer.
Yeah, the appropriate and professional thing for him to do is go away and stay out of anything and everything university related. Bless his heart. He probably means well. He had no business ever being AD, but he obviously positioned himself for it and jumped, almost pathetically, at the opportunity. Pull up his presser when he got it. Totally self serving and his hiring of Pruitt reflected his incompetence as an executive. There's still thousands who make excuses and rationalize his narcissistic behavior

My head spins at the thought of the Mannings giving any kind of endorsment to Lane Kiffen.
I'll believe that when I see it.

I was thinking the same thing. No way the Manning family would let the first grandson play for Kiffen. Remember, Eli holding out of the NFL for a better deal and O.L.

However, I can't imagine Ole Piss hiring Kiffen without Archie's blessing or atleast consulting him. I know Archie is a big hands off kind of guy but if he had any intention of his grandson going to o.m. then he is either okay with Kiffen coaching him or knew that Arch had no intention of going to O.M.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Uhmm, for any veritable #1 QB recruit without Arch's last name, they might struggle to anti up the NIL kitty.

I can't help but think if NIL$ was the only factor, their donors could and would come up with the money for a Manning.

Why in the world would Arch need NIL deal? I am confident the manning family supports him very well. NIL deal for Arch would just be a ego boost. He has plenty of money to go wherever despite the NIL deal.

No crystal ball here but being raised as a QB by a Grandfather and 2 Uncles that all played at a high level, he might have gotten good advice on how to be a College and NFL QB. Maybe?

We have NIL room to get him and Nico. Why not if we can?
What lol??

We have the better QB.
Arch already knows that.

Saban knows that! Or have you missed the whole thing about Saban calling Nico the best QB in this class?

It's like we have Joe Montana committed but yall are clamoring for Troy Aikman😐

How's he going to raise the level of play on the bench??

You really don't understand the talent difference between them.

Just watch their tape.
It's not even close, and Arch is a very good QB, but not even close to Nico.

Reactions: WiseOlVol
How's he going to raise the level of play on the bench??

You really don't understand the talent difference between them.

Just watch their tape.
It's not even close, and Arch is a very good QB, but not even close to Nico.
You’re probably right. Who needs 2 highly rated QBs if you can get them both?

Yes. Kiffin signed Bray, who graduated early and reported to campus in January.

Off top of my memory, he had only been here for a day or two when Lane headed for USC.

They would have been a great fit.

I blame Jeff Fisher for all that. The final week of 2009/2010 season, the Titans played their last game of year in Seattle. It was a meaningless game with neither team advancing. to playoffs If the Titans had lost, they would have drafted higher. And, Jim Mora would have lasted another year with Seahawks. He was right on the keep/fire line.

Turns out, Titans won, I think Chris Johnson crossed 2000 yard mark that game, Mora was fired, Pete Carroll jumped at Seahawks offer, dumb Lane went bye bye.

I blame arrogant Mike Garrett, then the USC AD. He and Kiffin both got their comeuppance in Shakespearian fashion. They didn't know their history. Florida AD Ray Graves lured Doug Dickey from Tennessee when he had built an Alabama-beating powerhouse here. Ended in tears. Oklahoma: you listening?

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Why in the world would Arch need NIL deal? I am confident the manning family supports him very well. NIL deal for Arch would just be a ego boost. He has plenty of money to go wherever despite the NIL deal.
I didn't say he needed a NIL deal.

I was replying to another poster that implied Ole Miss wouldn't be able to offer him a satisfactory NIL. My stance is that if Ole Miss was actually in the running for him, they'd be able to put together a satisfactory NIL deal.

I completely disagree with you though.
I'm confident the Manning family was already supporting Eli very well. Refusing to play for the Chargers was just an ego boost. He would have made plenty of money playing anywhere besides NY.

You’re probably right. Who needs 2 highly rated QBs if you can get them both?
Yeah that doesn't happen in the same class anymore.
What is the point of any of this??

There's other needs in this class. We already addressed QB in a big way.
So again, what is your point?

Yeah that doesn't happen in the same class anymore.
What is the point of any of this??

There's other needs in this class. We already addressed QB in a big way.
So again, what is your point?
My point is with NIL you never know and there’s nothing wrong with having 2 highly rated QBs.

Sure it’s unlikely we sign Arch too, but if we did I’m sure JH could figure out the scholarships numbers to ensure it didn’t cripple the team by signing 2 QBs. It’s not completely unheard of to sign 2 QBs in the same class. 2 top 5 QBs would be something.

I blame arrogant Mike Garrett, then the USC AD. He and Kiffin both got their comeuppance in Shakespearian fashion. They didn't know their history. Florida AD Ray Graves lured Doug Dickey from Tennessee when he had built an Alabama-beating powerhouse here. Ended in tears. Oklahoma: you listening?

Let's be honest, most of our downfall can be blamed on Mike Hamilton. He did a great job making $$$ for athletic department (at least initially) so everyone thought he was a good AD. However, his constant missteps sank several programs.

Who is more overrated- Arch or JG?

The easy answer would be JG because he was terrible, but no one had him rated the top overall player either. Think about this, how bad would Arch look with Cornbread, Chaney 2.0’s lazy playcalling, and Will Friend’s turnstile of an oline? He might look more overrated that JG.

VN Store

Back