Fulmer on Arch Manning recruitment

So if Fulmer gives a review on a Krispy Kreme donut is it relevant to the Vols? Kid isn’t signing here, isn’t even interested in visiting here.
Fulmer gave no indication where he thought he will go. No need to make snide remarks about what he said or didn't say.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Yes. Kiffin signed Bray, who graduated early and reported to campus in January.

Off top of my memory, he had only been here for a day or two when Lane headed for USC.

They would have been a great fit.

I blame Jeff Fisher for all that. The final week of 2009/2010 season, the Titans played their last game of year in Seattle. It was a meaningless game with neither team advancing. to playoffs If the Titans had lost, they would have drafted higher. And, Jim Mora would have lasted another year with Seahawks. He was right on the keep/fire line.

Turns out, Titans won, I think Chris Johnson crossed 2000 yard mark that game, Mora was fired, Pete Carroll jumped at Seahawks offer, dumb Lane went bye bye.

Interesting, for sure, and I will add that the results might not have been as you described in reality as Carroll was on the cusp of the NCAA coming down hard on USC.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
One thing I do find interesting in this article is the statement "stability of programs, longevity of coaches"...leads me to think they aren't going with a first or second year coach which kind of puts a damper on Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Really of the 'front runners' reported that just leaves Ole Miss, Alabama, and Georgia.
Really? Lane has been at Ole Miss for 2 years. He also hasn't stuck around for long at all at any stop in his entire coaching career. There's also a decent chance that Saban could retire before Archie wraps up his college career.

If Nico was Coopers son, he would be the #1 player in the nation. Arch’s last name carry’s a ton of weight. Remember when JGs parents did what they did to get him to the #1 DT QB? Now imagine your 2 uncles being Eli and Peyton Manning.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Kiffin and his broke as a joke university don’t have the NIL firepower for Arch
Uhmm, for any veritable #1 QB recruit without Arch's last name, they might struggle to anti up the NIL kitty.

I can't help but think if NIL$ was the only factor, their donors could and would come up with the money for a Manning.

If Fulmer reviewed a donut, Id pay attention, as hes reputed to have a lot of experience in that area.
Do we have a player named Phil that can capitalize on 'Phil-Up' @ ---donut shop, NIL deal? No disrespect to the Mannings, Fulmer's, or Cops, but I just like that idea better than having 2 5 star QBs on Our Team.

I think it would be awesome if the kid came to UT, but if I was him I would probably be looking at MSU.

may windup being another jimmy clausen??? hope not he come from a great family.GBO

If Nico was Coopers son, he would be the #1 player in the nation. Arch’s last name carry’s a ton of weight. Remember when JGs parents did what they did to get him to the #1 DT QB? Now imagine your 2 uncles being Eli and Peyton Manning.
Maybe, but if Arch was committed to the Vols, he'd be unanimous #1 😂

The kid is and will be good.

Maybe, but if Arch was committed to the Vols, he'd be unanimous #1 😂

The kid is and will be good.

Meh. Will he be good? Sure. Why? He will likely go to a super loaded team. But his last name will go much further for his career than his actual talent. Seriously, if his last name were Jones, would he be the #1 overall player? Above QBs like Nelson, Nico or even Moore? No he wouldn’t.

If Arch were coming to TN, would we be happy? Sure. Would all of us think he was the uniamous #1? I know I wouldn’t. Arch is one of the most overrated players we have seen in awhile.

Meh. Will he be good? Sure. Why? He will likely go to a super loaded team. But his last name will go much further for his career than his actual talent. Seriously, if his last name were Jones, would he be the #1 overall player? Above QBs like Nelson, Nico or even Moore? No he wouldn’t.

If Arch were coming to TN, would we be happy? Sure. Would all of us think he was the uniamous #1? I know I wouldn’t. Arch is one of the most overrated players we have seen in awhile.
No crystal ball here but being raised as a QB by a Grandfather and 2 Uncles that all played at a high level, he might have gotten good advice on how to be a College and NFL QB. Maybe?

We have NIL room to get him and Nico. Why not if we can?

Who gives a rats a double s what fulmer has to say on the matter. He’s proven to have some of the worst opinions amd thoughts as related to current cfb.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
No crystal ball here but being raised as a QB by a Grandfather and 2 Uncles that all played at a high level, he might have gotten good advice on how to be a College and NFL QB. Maybe?

We have NIL room to get him and Nico. Why not if we can?
Because it would be a waste of money knowing both QB's are in the same class and both in top 5 to think one is sticking around when he could go to another top program and likely the new starter for that team

Because it would be a waste of money knowing both QB's are in the same class and both in top 5 to think one is sticking around when he could go to another top program and likely the new starter for that team
I disagree that having both of them would be a waste of money. Manning will probably end up at an SEC school(Still no crystal ball.), we play a bunch of SEC schools every year, if he becomes a Vol, we don’t have to defend against him.

Wherever he goes I expect him to raise their level of play. Why not allow that to happen on the Hill?

VN Store

Back