Fulmer is in over his head...

allvol123

Your sarcasm is appreciated. But no, you're right, a bible belt Christian on his last contract living within 200 miles of where he was raised and where his mom still lives wanted to go end his career at UCLA because of how awesome it things were here. A place where coaches are thrown out like garbage if they don't win it all. Makes total sense considering his tournament win rate.

columbia vol

Your sarcasm is appreciated. But no, you're right, a bible belt Christian on his last contract living within 200 miles of where he was raised and where his mom still lives wanted to go end his career at UCLA because of how awesome it things were here. A place where coaches are thrown out like garbage if they don't win it all. Makes total sense considering his tournament win rate.
Have a coke and a smile 😀

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I can appreciate you questioning his motives, I just think it's a stretch to automatically blame Fulmer and call it an obvious BS situation here, when your main point of contention happened under the last AD. I think Barnes and his assistants were both well paid and likely in line for a substantial raise after the season.

Nute Gunray

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the search because of all the conflicting stories but apparently (If the social media world is to be believed), Wes Moore, Gail G. among a few others were contacted but all declined to pursue the conversation.

It also appears that social media "insiders" confused Kara's role as an advisor with being an actual candidate.

And yes, I did say that many were excited about KJH because it invoked a perfect fairy tale with her becoming the "new Pat" but the odds of her wining * NCs and being named Naismith coach of the century are kinda low.

No question, KJH has ALL of CPS mannerisms, even the stare routine. Does she have the coaching chops to back up the appearances. I hope she is getting there. Her results this season are encouraging.

But, KJH was not my ideal choice but I don't think Fulmer had an ideal set of candidates. I think KJH is on a better trajectory than Fargas (who would have been my #1 choice to replace Pat seven years ago).

But once again, KJH is now THE Coach,. I am hoping she will shine in the role and I will give her the benefit of the doubt until the corroborating or damning evidence is in.

I don't think that is "flip flopping" so much as accepting the reality of the situation and hoping for the best.
MTV
I always like your comments, madtownvol. They are honest, realistic, succinct and astute. KJH would not have been my first choice. However, like you, I hope the best for her and the Lady Vols. Although, only time will tell if she was a wise choice or a desperate choice. I hope the former is true.

i2amavol

I suspected ol'Phil was in over his head. Now after that press conference, I'm sure of it...
I am sure there have been a few circumstances lately that has caused him a bit of lack of sleep. To me, the press conference proved just the opposite. He may not be the best at press conferences, but I think he may have picked a winner.

FiremedicVOL127

I suspected ol'Phil was in over his head. Now after that press conference, I'm sure of it...
I think he picked who he was told...
C'mon John, I see your still bitter that ole Phil is doing a better job than you did!!!

Run along now, I'm sure you've got plenty to plan and work on at Wake Forrest.

VN Store

Sponsors