Fulmer is in over his head...

Darth_Vol

On the verge of losing his most successful high profile coach (who he didn't hire), while hiring the most convenient option to coach the storied Lady Vols that will be ridiculed nationally for its "frugality."

Not a good look Phil...

On the verge of losing his most successful high profile coach (who he didn't hire), while hiring the most convenient option to coach the storied Lady Vols that will be ridiculed nationally for its "frugality."

Not a good look Phil...

Dumb post is dumb. I can make random assumptions too but only time will tell.

Not a good look Phil...
And if KJH is successful are you going to make a post telling everyone you don't know what you are talking about?

Not a good look Phil...

Can Fulmer FORCE Barnes to stay at UT? I am sure he tried very hard to keep him.

If Barnes leaves it could turn out to be a blessing tor UT. It ain't like we would be losing a coach that has taken UT beyond the sweet sixteen.

Last edited:

Not a good look Phil...
He has been in over his head since the last 2 or three years he tried to coach, ever wonder why he was never considered for a head coaching job

Not a good look Phil...

What if Jeremy Pruitt is a success? Does it make him (Fulmer) right for the job? How about Rick Barnes? If he stays does it make him any more qualified as an AD? Phillip Fulmer is and will continue to do just fine as our AD. I am not a huge fan of the Kellie J. Harper hiring, but I am willing to give her a chance. Perhaps she actually works out and we get our beloved Lady Vols back on track. Regardless, Fulmer's legacy and time as an AD will be defined by the success of his coaching hires. He better get it right. He knows this.

Can Fulmer can not FORCE Barnes to stay at UT? I am sure he tried very hard to keep him.

Yes, he made a very "generous" counter-offer.

If Barnes leaves it could turn out to be a blessing tor UT. It ain't like we would be losing a coach that has taken UT beyond the sweet sixteen.

And to coach the most storied program in women's basketball he hired a coach who finally just reached the Sweet 16... in her 15th year of coaching. Women's basketball powers everywhere quake with fear...

He has been in over his head since the last 2 or three years he tried to coach, ever wonder why he was never considered for a head coaching job

I am going to disagree.

I was ready for a new coach when he was fired. I was expecting him to fail miserably as AD.

However, I think he has done a supurb job as AD. Kelly Jolly Harper was not my first choice. She seems to be a notch below the elite level, but I will trust Fulmer on it if this is his choice. Even if she is not the best available, she might be able to put together the best staff available, and do quite well here.

I guess what would bug me the most is if he throws out 5M a year to the men’s coach and 500k to the women’s side . They always say you can gauge someone’s values by looking in their checkbook ......

Not a good look Phil...

Well, looks like you may have missed on that one. Is our fan base the most whiny?

VN Store

Back