Fulmer: Do the Right Thing!

I'm sure with whatever job you do, you get extensions and raises when you perform poorly

No, but if I do a creditable job for many years (like winning titles?) I think a modicum of respect is in order. Show a little.

Lol at anyone telling someone they should work for free. You don’t like what he is doing, then stop buying merchandise, going to games, putting money into the program. You see, as long as the money keeps pouring in, the more the admin is going to be happy with the job Fulmer is doing.

No, but if I do a creditable job for many years (like winning titles?) I think a modicum of respect is in order. Show a little.
I've lost count so help me out. How many titles has Tennessee won under Athletic Director Fulmer's tenure?

. I’m not sure if Dave Clawson was a bad hire or not.

Clawson was a disaster of a hire for Fulmer, but not because of Clawson's ability to coach.

Clawson was up front about the need to bring several assistants along with him to make sure the system was implemented properly across all offensive positions; Fulmer wouldn't make the hires.

Several times that season, Fulmer got gun-shy about using Clawson's system in game, reverting to the old offense and creating confusion on field.

If Clawson had known his system would be handcuffed in implementation and dumped at random in game situations, he likely would have turned down the gig.

Clawson was a disaster of a hire for Fulmer, but not because of Clawson's ability to coach.

Clawson was up front about the need to bring several assistants along with him to make sure the system was implemented properly across all offensive positions; Fulmer wouldn't make the hires.

Several times that season, Fulmer got gun-shy about using Clawson's system in game, reverting to the old offense and creating confusion on field.

If Clawson had known his system would be handcuffed in implementation and dumped at random in game situations, he likely would have turned down the gig.
Not true absolutely none of it

Everyone that knows me, I mean truly knows me, knows how much I love UT and volnation, with that being said alot of folks on here should be ashamed by the way they talk about coach Fulmer. He's a great man and a great coach who does everything he can for this great university. Never in my life would I have ever thought this fanbase would be the way it is now, I wish I'd never joined this group because I've seen how you "fans" are and it really bothers me. Most on here won't care and thats fine but I have met some good people here that truly love Tennessee. I won't be on here anymore because it disgusts me reading these threads from know it alls that don't know ****. Hope you all find you a team that you can cheer for because it's obvious UT is not it. No need in replying because I won't see it and I know how you all are just clamoring for an argument instead of having a civil conversation, but hey this may not even be posted because it's not what the "moderators" want to hear, good luck Everyone and to the great people I've met on here Go Vols!! MB#99

I've lost count so help me out. How many titles has Tennessee won under Athletic Director Fulmer's tenure?

I'm a bit late with this, sorry. I know this is difficult for a mouth breathing moron like you, but your post ignores Fulmer's MAIN body of work, his coaching career, including his national championship in 1998. I hate your incredibly stupid forum handle, I hate your avatar, I hate your posts. Go piss up a rope.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Everyone that knows me, I mean truly knows me, knows how much I love UT and volnation, with that being said alot of folks on here should be ashamed by the way they talk about coach Fulmer. He's a great man and a great coach who does everything he can for this great university. Never in my life would I have ever thought this fanbase would be the way it is now, I wish I'd never joined this group because I've seen how you "fans" are and it really bothers me. Most on here won't care and thats fine but I have met some good people here that truly love Tennessee. I won't be on here anymore because it disgusts me reading these threads from know it alls that don't know ****. Hope you all find you a team that you can cheer for because it's obvious UT is not it. No need in replying because I won't see it and I know how you all are just clamoring for an argument instead of having a civil conversation, but hey this may not even be posted because it's not what the "moderators" want to hear, good luck Everyone and to the great people I've met on here Go Vols!! MB#99

Right behind ya buddy. I'm outta here.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It’s always easy to tell other people what they should do with their own money. And there’s no way that Fulmer has received anywhere close to $100 million from the university in salary. Hell I bet it’s not close to $50 million.
You do realize if Fulmer had 3 mil in a trust and just received the return at the market avg of 7% he would roughly be getting 160k after taxes... Phil is probably a multi millionaire and really doesn’t need the salary.

Right behind ya buddy. I'm outta here.
And the exodus of the best among us continues. And the sewer becomes even more concentratedly toxic.

Reactions: VolNExile
I say pay him till he's dead and then pay his kids for 50 years after that.... and offer the same deal to any head coach who ever brings us another national championship. Then we'll attract some real strong coaching talent...maybe do the same for the assistants.

I say pay him till he's dead and then pay his kids for 50 years after that.... and offer the same deal to any head coach who ever brings us another national championship. Then we'll attract some real strong coaching talent...maybe do the same for the assistants.
Paying him millions upon millions has really helped us the last 13 years! And, we are not done paying him yet.

The good ole boy take

Stop taking a salary! You are a multimillionaire many times over. If you truly care about UT, why would you continue to suck money from the program?! Good lord! How much money does one person need? In addition, Pruitt, you should take half salary next year if you are still here. What a massive impact that would have with the UT Volunteers football program! The players and recruits would see that there are truly more important things than money and would go a long way in improving team chemistry and effort level. Show all of us you are all in!! Maybe a petition is in order? Status quo is no longer OK. Do the right thing!
If you are working then you entered into an unwritten contract of sorts. Would it be the "right thing" for your employer to ask you to take a 50% pay cut?

I don't like it either... but someone acting on behalf of UT signed a contract with Fulmer. He's entitled to his rights under that contract.

We all know he's made more than 98% of America, for years and years and years.....

It would be a magnanimous gesture, but we shouldn't hold our breath.

Last edited:
Meh, we were dumb enough to pay Fulmer to be AD. University can pay every penny as far as I’m concerned. Best lessons in life are the most expensive ones.

I “think” Tennessee is at least on the right track now though. They went out and hired a real deal at AD. I don’t think Heupel was our ideal hire but probably was a little much to expect White to do better with all the stench on the program at the time. Hopefully Heupel pans out though.

VN Store

Back