Fulmer: Do the Right Thing!

Stop taking a salary! You are a multimillionaire many times over. If you truly care about UT, why would you continue to suck money from the program?! Good lord! How much money does one person need? In addition, Pruitt, you should take half salary next year if you are still here. What a massive impact that would have with the UT Volunteers football program! The players and recruits would see that there are truly more important things than money and would go a long way in improving team chemistry and effort level. Show all of us you are all in!! Maybe a petition is in order? Status quo is no longer OK. Do the right thing!

Last edited:
Stop taking a salary! You have received over $50 million dollars from the University of Tennessee football program over the years and probably closer to $100 million. If you truly care about UT, why would you continue to suck money from the program?! Good lord! How much money does one person need? Donald Trump took no salary as President of the United States. There's no reason you can't do the same! In addition, Pruitt, you should take half salary next year if you are still here. What a massive impact that would have with the UT Volunteers football program! The players and recruits would see that there are truly more important things than money and would go a long way in improving team chemistry and effort level. Show all of us you are all in!! Maybe a petition is in order? Status quo is no longer OK. Do the right thing!
Or better yet, cut Pruitt loose and then resign! All of Volnation would be grateful!

It’s always easy to tell other people what they should do with their own money. And there’s no way that Fulmer has received anywhere close to $100 million from the university in salary. Hell I bet it’s not close to $50 million.

Last edited:
Stop taking a salary! You are a multimillionaire many times over. If you truly care about UT, why would you continue to suck money from the program?! Good lord! How much money does one person need? In addition, Pruitt, you should take half salary next year if you are still here. What a massive impact that would have with the UT Volunteers football program! The players and recruits would see that there are truly more important things than money and would go a long way in improving team chemistry and effort level. Show all of us you are all in!! Maybe a petition is in order? Status quo is no longer OK. Do the right thing!
So you're telling a grown man to work for free because he has already made some money. Man stop it please

In all seriousness, I thought Fulmer took the position as sort of an emergency stop gap. I never thought he was going to be a long term, full time AD.

And while Vince Dooley and a few others were successful, I don't believe in former coaches being athletic directors. It's an administrative position that needs an administrator.

And in truth, it would be hard for me if my boss was the guy who won a national title, has a street named after him, etc. I thought the same about Frank Broyles at Arkansas.

May be a great boss and have all the best intentions in the world, but I wouldn't be happy to be in that position to work under that guy.

So, for me, his salary isn't the issue. Fulmer having the job would be my issue.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I thought Fulmer took the position as sort of an emergency stop gap. I never thought he was going to be a long term, full time AD.

And while Vince Dooley and a few others were successful, I don't believe in former coaches being athletic directors. It's an administrative position that needs an administrator.

And in truth, it would be hard for my boss to be the guy who won a national title, has a street named after him, etc. I thought the same about Frank Broyles at Arkansas.

May be a great boss and have all the best intentions in the world, but I wouldn't be happy to be in that position.

So, for me, his salary isn't the issue. Fulmer having the job would be my issue.

He wasn't supposed to be....he just kept burrowing his way back in deeper with the program.

Went from a "special advisor" to an "interim" athletic director to getting extensions for the athletic director job without making it public while he is asking everyone else to take pay cuts.

I disagree on Coach Fulmer not taking a salary unless he just wants to. Yes he is a millionaire. However he has daughters that he would like to leave alot of money to and enough for his grandkids to benefit with what their moms are left.

Fulmer is the 4th highest paid AD in the SEC and the highest paid AD in the history of the university. As an athletic director, what has he produced in his 3 years on the job to deserve that level of compensation?
. Nothing at all in fact we are worse off with Fulmer as AD than we were with Curry and Dave Hart

While Saban is pitching AFLAC, owns an array of Mercedes Benz dealerships, Peyton Manning is slinging it for Nationwide, Buick, and tha Papa John pizza thing, Fulmer is the pitch man for HULLCo whatever on the planet that business is, but Fulmer does need to step away from the trough and let somebody else with a background in the business of college athletics take the reins before Fulmer and his ego go ashore 200 feet up the bank with no hope of ever getting back in the river.

Fulmer is the 4th highest paid AD in the SEC and the highest paid AD in the history of the university. As an athletic director, what has he produced in his 3 years on the job to deserve that level of compensation?
Jeremy Pruitt and Kelly Harper

. Nothing at all in fact we are worse off with Fulmer as AD than we were with Curry and Dave Hart
Dave Hart whiffed on Jones but hit the mark with Barnes. Not sure Fulmer has the skill to do anything except pull money from UT. It almost seems as though he is making up for being let go.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
OP, do you know what Fulmer does with his money? How much goes into endowments for the university? How much goes back into the Athletic Dept? How much goes to charity? An individual can multiply money in ways a state-run university cannot.

Point being: I don't know what Fulmer does with his earned money, and neither do you. And telling people what to do with their money used to be just crass--but it may be about to become political in a way you may not want to be associated with.

Now if you had privately written a letter to Fulmer, and asked him to consider working for a dollar a year for the sake of the program... I would respect that because it shows respect for the individual earning the money.

But posting here is like a kid throwing a tantrum at the family Christmas gathering, just to embarrass his parents for not buying him what he wanted.

My VFL brother, sincerely... find something you can be grateful for on this Christmas Day, and focus on that. Be a blessing to someone today, and to yourself. You are not defined by what happens in Neyland Stadium.
LOL--and that's something we can ALL be grateful for today!

VN Store

Back