Fulmer details process of accepting Gator Bowl

Again it’s nice to have an AD that listens to fans and players and coaches who knew Gator was better and more deserved destination than Nashville

I like the time slot and location better than Nashville, really did not want to play UL, but have seen different payout numbers and wondered if anybody can confirm the truth there.... what I saw was a 2 mil hit going to the gator vs the MCB... would like to know what calculations were used to establish our preferences defined to the conference if I understood the article right.

Thanks..

I like the time slot and location better than Nashville, really did not want to play UL, but have seen different payout numbers and wondered if anybody can confirm the truth there.... what I saw was a 2 mil hit going to the gator vs the MCB... would like to know what calculations were used to establish our preferences defined to the conference if I understood the article right.

Thanks..
Music city was about $200k more when all is said and done. Chump change

Why would Fulmer have to put this story out there? Why were we headed to the MCB in the first place? Deerpark said a couple if days ago that we were going to the MCB and it was a done deal. Deal made by who, Fulmer?
The players have said all week they wanted to go to a warm weather bowl. Fans overwhelmingly were polling for a Florida bowl.
Would have loved to be a fly on the wall while this was being discussed this afternoon.

Why would Fulmer have to put this story out there? Why were we headed to the MCB in the first place? Deerpark said a couple if days ago that we were going to the MCB and it was a done deal. Deal made by who, Fulmer?
The players have said all week they wanted to go to a warm weather bowl. Fans overwhelmingly were polling for a Florida bowl.
Would have loved to be a fly on the wall while this was being discussed this afternoon.

I do not at all understand why the admin was so charged up to play in Nashville, either. It doesn't make any sense, and it should've been very obvious to them that pretty much everybody would rather go to the Gator Bowl. Glad they swerved at the last minute, but what were they even thinking in the first place with preferring an in-state bowl? Would they have rather played in the Music City than the Outback, as well? If so, that would be borderline insanity.

Very expected, PC answer.

“Nashville would have been a fantastic destination,” Fulmer said. “It is a great venue, a great place and in-state. The conference commissioner, in the end, makes the decision to ask for our preferences and we went back and forth a couple of times of what was best, and at the end I think we landed in the right place for this football team for this particular time.”

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Deer park is hardly ever right but the fact was the SEC was likely going to place us in Nashville once Bama lost to auburn which shoved everyone down a spot. Otherwise we were prob heading to Tampa.

UT players and fans didn’t want Nashville and a lame Louisville matchup so Fulmer who’s not an idiot told the SEC we would prefer Gator and SEC and Gator both agreed bc they knew UT would travel and back it up.

While I am glad we got a Florida bowl bid, MCB isn't a bowl to look down on. Great for state, and in state recruiting, and we would play in front of a very partial crowd. It would be a bit of a home game, fortifying our footprint in middle Tennessee. A couple hundred grand in payout isn't bad either. Expenses would be less so it would be a bigger payout there too.
I'm sure we will have a much larger crowd than IU in Jacksonville too.

Reactions: T_Vol376

Bowls get to choose who to pick for their bowls. So MCB got to chose first and chose UT. That's all it really means. But when you have CPF on your side nothing is decided until he says so. He wanted the Gator Bowl and by God that's where UT is going. Go effing VOLS.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
While I am glad we got a Florida bowl bid, MCB isn't a bowl to look down on. Great for state, and in state recruiting, and we would play in front of a very partial crowd. It would be a bit of a home game, fortifying our footprint in middle Tennessee. A couple hundred grand in payout isn't bad either. Expenses would be less so it would be a bigger payout there too.
I'm sure we will have a much larger crowd than IU in Jacksonville too.
Indiana wasn't even aware they had a football team. They thought football was only played on Sunday in Indianapolis.

The only reason that I can see as to why Music City pays out better is because it is on ABC while the Gator is on pay tv, ESPN. As a fan, I don't care about that. I still want to play in prime time where there's no other football competition and in Florida.

The only reason that I can see as to why Music City pays out better is because it is on ABC while the Gator is on pay tv, ESPN. As a fan, I don't care about that. I still want to play in prime time where there's no other football competition and in Florida.
As I said, I'm glad we got the Gator Bowl bid too. I'm just commenting that the MCB has some pluses as well, though many look down on it.

He never said that. Even he posted like a week ago and said he never said that.

VN Store

Back