Full Offensive Staff Announced

My favorite uncle was a tobacco chewer. Died of mouth cancer. What a nasty habit and an ugly way to go.

As a surgical resident, I scrubbed a surgery on a guy with oral cancer. Let me tell you, a 12+ hr surgery with ENT doing a full mandible to neck dissection, followed by Reconstructive surgery coming in, cutting out a window of your fibula with vascular pedicle, fashioning that into a new mandible with the skin as a tongue, & re-zipping back up your entire skin from clavicle on up the neck in an upside down T shape...well, that's not something I'd suggest.

Stay away from the snuff & chew, kids.

We love to fall into this trap of sticking with things that we are familiar with. “Coach Bubba won’t know what hit him when he gets to the SEC.” I’m sorry but SEC experience isn’t a prerequisite for coaching football in the SEC. Where did Urban Meyer coach before he stormed the SEC?

Heupel won a big boy National Championship as a player, I promise that he knows what that should look like. His offenses at UCF have averaged over 40 points per game the last three years, and if we’re being honest, probably would have scored 40+ on UT too any of those three years.

Presumably he should have more talent coming in than he did at UCF so does it not stand to reason that he should be able to match the talent jump into the SEC?

This SEC exceptionalism is getting old. UT needs to worry about UT first and get as good as we can get. I’d love to be on the same level as Clemson or Ohio State right now, as would any of you. Our opponents aren’t going to change and football is football. Let’s just get better at football however we have to without considering if someone can “hold up to the rigors of the SEC.” That is quite honestly the dumbest idea I see repeated on this forum over and over again.

Probably the best post I've read in awhile.

I’m not overly worried about the offense really. I think they’ll be fun to watch. Am extremely worried about defense however
Lulz. It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect all that extreme worry has. Hope you don't bust a blood vessel.

I mean Heupel's offense was fine at UCF, but it's rather worrying to have an entirely G5 staff on offense. They are going to see some far more talented defenses this season...
On the other hand they will have better talent than they’ve ever had as well. That’s the other side of it.

On the other hand they will have better talent than they’ve ever had as well. That’s the other side of it.

Better talent than UCF, but not better talent than their opponents. They had better talent than most of the teams they faced in the AAC. That definitely won't be the case, at least initially, at UT.

Reactions: hoop235

VN Store

Back