Fulkerson delivered when called on

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
I was proud of Fulkerson when he came in after a timeout.
He drove to the hole and scored as if he wouldn't be denied.
All our guys hustled at times, but wanted to acknowledge his effort
because he showed a fire that could be valuable contributions
down the stretch. I noticed Bone, Alexander, and Turner diving
for the ball when it was loose and Admiral driving to the hole
to deliver on several buckets as well as Grant Williams hustling
as usual despite getting mugged all game. Bowden didn't have his best game,
but I saw him hustling even though it didn't show up big on the stat sheet.

I hope we learn what we can from this wake up call without letting emotion distract from
ways to improve, regroup for focus on the next game and then avenge this slap that will
still sting on the face when the game comes to K-town to run it back.

i love Fulkersons energy and attitude, however, the talent discrepancy was so evident last night it was scary. He isn't athletic enough to play with HS All Americans.

Reactions: 08Vol
i love Fulkersons energy and attitude, however, the talent discrepancy was so evident last night it was scary. He isn't athletic enough to play with HS All Americans.
He made a beautiful move inside and banked a shot in against Washington. No one else was able to really get off much of anything against him. That one play shows me that with his length he can do more than we think he can. I think once he accumulates confidence we will be pleased with his attributes.

He certainly hustled more than Kyle Alexander and Turner. Alexander played like he was from Canada and Turner played like a guy who didn’t belong on that stage

Reactions: feathersax
Wish S/C coach would put him on the same weight training regiment as Schofield, Williams, Pons. If he could add some muscle, it would help when the game gets physical.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Alexander was totally ineffective last night. 18 minutes and 5 fouls 3 rebounds 4 points.

We played the small lineup a lot and it just didn't work.

Grant and Admiral got used in the post last night.

Fulkerson has a bad habit of chasing blocks that put him out of position, causing an offensive rebound.

Fulkerson has a bad habit of chasing blocks that put him out of position, causing an offensive rebound.
A lot of our guys have that issue. Pons and Alexander have both done it also. Someone on TOS mentioned that our focus on blocking shots puts us in a vulnerable position getting defensive rebounds. However, we are ninth in the nation in blocks. To alleviate this we need the guards to come down and help on the boards; however, this could lead to more open threes if the opponent gets the board.

Who thought Fulkerson would be this good of a player this season. The guy has been fantastic in almost every game and he has a huge load on his shoulders with not much help in the post. Has to come up big again and he needs to same help he got in the Kentucky game versus Auburn.

You forgot the blue font.
I remember trying to tell everyone this guy had it, but I never thought he would score almost 30 on UK in Rupp. His fearlessness and tenacity is so freaking great to watch. I really hope Barnes can find a pure 5 to allow Fulk to do some other things. Plavisc looks completely lost at this point.

Reactions: Namorto1
Lol, we all say things we wish we could take back don’t we WMCOVOL?

He was a terrible game coach @ Auburn. Every game is a different game. He has improved significantly since Auburn. Took timeouts when the opponent got on a run vs Florida. If he'd done that at Auburn instead of bringing two timeouts back to Knox County with him, who knows where this team would be........

Fulky on Finebaum yesterday was ready good. He represented himself, his family & Tennessee very well.

He was a terrible game coach @ Auburn. Every game is a different game. He has improved significantly since Auburn. Took timeouts when the opponent got on a run vs Florida. If he'd done that at Auburn instead of bringing two timeouts back to Knox County with him, who knows where this team would be........

What? A guy with 700+ wins and been doing this for 30+ years “significantly improved” over a 1 game span?

FYI...Florida continued their run even after timeouts.

And Fulky has improved more than anyone could have expected as well so there you go

VN Store

Back