FSU fires Taggert. Any recruits we can poach?

Getting by? I don’t think taking Alabama to the woodshed is getting by regardless of how tough their conference schedule (which they have no control of) might or might not be. Oh wait Alabama was tired from their not that tough schedule. Is that you Finebaum..?

Clemson benefits greatly by playing a weak schedule. It allows them to never really be pressured all year long. Which allows them to play everyone on their roster, which aids significantly in development.

They almost have 12 glorified scrimmages each year.

Am I saving they suck? No. But they benefit immensely by being the legit only good team in that conference.

Who’d they play in the conference championship last year? A 7 win Pitt team?

GTFOH.

Weren’t there 2 stud corners that were considering visiting last year before NSD but didn’t show up? I know Travis Jay was one but who was the other?

Weren’t there 2 stud corners that were considering visiting last year before NSD but didn’t show up? I know Travis Jay was one but who was the other?
For some reason I'm wanting to say it was Akeem Dent, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: codyg10
For some reason I'm wanting to say it was Akeem Dent, but I could be wrong.
That’s it, I know we have 2 solid corners in Thompson and Taylor and then Burrell, George, and Solomon as well as Green coming in this upcoming year, but I think we may need Taylor on offense next year since we will lack seasoned playmakers at WR and would like to see Dent or Jay transfer in if they’d be immediately eligible just in case

I despised FL State in the 80s and 90s as they dominated. They were in the top 3 AP/coaches poll for ten-fifteen consecutive yrs.

Clemson benefits greatly by playing a weak schedule. It allows them to never really be pressured all year long. Which allows them to play everyone on their roster, which aids significantly in development.

They almost have 12 glorified scrimmages each year.

Am I saving they suck? No. But they benefit immensely by being the legit only good team in that conference.

Who’d they play in the conference championship last year? A 7 win Pitt team?

GTFOH.
It's odd to me that some people think an automatic ticket to the playoffs and basically all season to prepare for them, isn't an advantage.

Seems like several times in the last few years, Clemson has been close to losing games that shouldn't have been close. Don't follow them so correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

I'm not convinced they get every appearance if they played thru a meat grinder type schedule.
Doesn't mean they aren't great but yeah, it's definitely an advantage.

Getting by? I don’t think taking Alabama to the woodshed is getting by regardless of how tough their conference schedule (which they have no control of) might or might not be. Oh wait Alabama was tired from their not that tough schedule. Is that you Finebaum..?

Even BAMAs schedule is infinitely tougher. Even weak SEC teams are more physical than all but the elite from other conferences. Bama had a ton of key injuries last year. They got healthier by the playoff and I'm not saying that it's why Clemson won but it is definitely an advantage to have very little injury attrition and rarely be tested.

The flip side of that being they aren't as battle tested but most any Coach would love to have that easy of a road to how and still get into the playoff as long as you go undefeated or only one loss.

I'm surprised. I'll be very curious to see how their search goes. You fire a coach this fast and prospective replacements and recruits will have some serious doubts/concerns about the FSU situation.
That, Or they already have a plan in place.

VN Store

Back